News On PS Vita's Own PlayStation Plus Coming Next Week

Soon.

The Vita, currently without a Plus of its own.
Chris Howe, the new PlayStation Store and Plus Content Manager at SCEE, has said that we’ll be hearing about the much anticipated PlayStation Plus rollout for Vita in a few days.

That’s hopefully going to include cloud storage, automatic updates and – of course – free games.

Speaking in the comments of the latest Blog post, Howe confirms that we’ll be getting the first details “next week” of what the platform holder has planned for the portable console.

Howe also teases that we might see another addition to Plus this month, as part of the cool “Playstation Presents” service, that pushes previously unheard of titles our way. From his hints, it’s probably either Big Sky Infinity or Knytt Underground, both titles due from RipStone.

What titles would you like to see included in Plus for Vita?

1. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

I’d like to see something like Escape plan, or any other game I don’t have yet, really!

Comment posted on 02/11/2012 at 15:40.
  2. Bambo_19
    Since: Dec 2011

I recon it will be day one released that have pretty much stopped selling that will role out for free. But who knows. to be honest I think PS+ for ps3 is giving out so much that anything extra for the vita is a bonus

Comment posted on 02/11/2012 at 16:01.
  3. Nakqz
    Since: May 2012

I would lke to see the same features like the PS3 PS+ :

-Cloud storage
    -Price cuts
    -Free games
    -Beta access

And why not put all of this features in an PSVita Apps ?

Comment posted on 02/11/2012 at 16:12.
  4. Awayze
    Since: Jul 2010

Gravity Rush!

Comment posted on 02/11/2012 at 16:29.
  5. Sympozium

Howe many store managers could it take to get Retro City Rampage….

Comment posted on 02/11/2012 at 16:47.
    • Klart
      Since: Jun 2010

That would be fantastic, but I doubt it.

As for Vita: Big Sky Infinity or Knytt Underground were announced to be also playable on Vita, so maybe it’s one of those

Comment posted on 02/11/2012 at 16:58.
      • Sympozium

but I don’t want it free, can’t even download it for the Vita? is it even on PS3 in the SCEE territoriality?

Comment posted on 02/11/2012 at 23:13.
  6. ico
    Since: Aug 2010

It’s an interesting one as if the freebies are vita games they’ve only got a limited selection to choose from. Can’t imagine it’ll be any real big hitters like uncharted but then again they’ll look stingy if they choose duds. Hopefully they’ll throw a decent title in to start ps plus vita off with a bang. Highly worried whatever it will be will be something I’ve already got or played but that’s the nature of the beast.

Would be nice also if there were some decent psp or psone discounts involved too. I’d like to see something like resistance purely as I’d give it a go for free but deffo wouldn’t pay for it. Escape plan too would be nice as not played that yet. Fingers crossed for next weeks big unveiling!

Comment posted on 02/11/2012 at 17:26.
    • avengerrr
      Since: Oct 2012

I hope they don’t do anything I own either, though if there is one or two titles I do own I can always sell the hard copies.

Comment posted on 02/11/2012 at 17:32.
  7. avengerrr
    Since: Oct 2012

I’d like to see gravity rush, motorstorm RC (i know its only a fiver, but meh), maybe ridge racer and defo Unit 13, and dynasty warriors. I say ‘and’, any few of those would be nice and would hardly be stretching Sony’s profits I think.

I do hope they are not going screw this up though, stuff us with blood little deviants, reality fighter, basically all the stuff which is cheap and either nasty or I own it (everybody’s golf)….. in other words, I hope Sony take it seriously.

Comment posted on 02/11/2012 at 17:31.
    • ico
      Since: Aug 2010

Was thinking the same about flogging hard copies. Sadly though given the big hitters are still early in the vita lifespan I think your fears about tat like little deviants and reality fighter could be spot on. Suddenly I’m thinking with the amount of vita games I’ve got whatever is on plus this month could be wasted. But also understand that’s the way the biscuit breaks sometimes.

Comment posted on 02/11/2012 at 22:46.
  8. flatspikes

So ideally I’d like say three biggies: resistance, gravity rush and uncharted. Two classic PSP Games say Gran Turismo and LBP. what I suspect we will get is little deviants, mod nation and escape plan. PSP wise I’m not sure we’ll get anything…

Comment posted on 02/11/2012 at 18:48.
    • ico
      Since: Aug 2010

Happily take escape plan. Wasn’t too keen on demo but when it’s free I’d be more forgiving. Would also happily play uncharted again as was impressed with that but think its too soon for that. Please not mod nation though.

Comment posted on 02/11/2012 at 22:48.
  9. matthangzhou
    Since: Sep 2010

There really isn’t that many games to choose from Vita. I thought it was starting in November originally, not bring announced. Ugh.

Comment posted on 03/11/2012 at 05:03.
  10. FBZ1501
    Since: Jun 2012

Hopefully it’ll bring a firmware update with a few new features too.
    Like game folders to stack some of your bubbles.

Comment posted on 03/11/2012 at 06:52.