Dead or Alive 5 Plus Announced for PlayStation Vita

I'm a fighter, on the go.

The PlayStation Vita is quickly becoming the handheld of choice for fighting games. Yosuke Hayashi, the head of Team Ninja, has announced that Dead or Alive 5 Plus is coming to the PlayStation Vita early next year.

Details are pretty slim at the moment but it does sound like there will be additional content included, hence the Plus. The console version of Dead or Alive 5 will also receive a patch next year that will bring some new features to the game. Considering that the IGN Pro League recently revealed that DOA5 will be included in next year’s pro circuit, it’s likely that we’ll see some balance changes too.

Source: IPLFighters

1. avengerrr
    Since: Oct 2012

Should be interesting, I hope there are more announcements soon on next years vita games, all I know of is Soul Sacrifice early next year.

Comment posted on 01/12/2012 at 22:45.
    • colmshan1990
      Since: Apr 2009

Persona 4: The Golden (in Europe, it’s out in the US already and is the best reviewed game on any platform on metacritic this year), Dead or Alive 5 Plus, Soul Sacrifice, Killzone: Mercenary, BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee New N’ Tasty, Tearaway, Ratchet & Clank Q Force, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2, Sly 4, Rainbow Moon, Starlight, Phantasy Star Online 2 and the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth are what I can come up with.

There will be more, and ports of games too eg. FIFA, some form of CoD, NfS, etc.
      And there will be some unknown gem from the PSN to beat them all.

Comment posted on 01/12/2012 at 23:30.
      • McProley
        Since: Aug 2011

well… that fuckiing told him, didn;t it?!

Comment posted on 02/12/2012 at 07:10.
      • avengerrr
        Since: Oct 2012

Indeed it did, although I do not regret stating ‘know’ as a very important word, as well as the fact I couldn’t be bothered to mention P4 and Mercanaries.

Never really knew or remembered the rest, certainly didn’t know phantasy star was returning tho o.0

Comment posted on 02/12/2012 at 10:20.
  2. Eldur
    Since: Nov 2012

Namco, make my year and announce a version of Soul Calibur for the Vita please.

Comment posted on 01/12/2012 at 22:58.
    • Delriach

Still hoping for Tekken Tag 2. :D

Comment posted on 01/12/2012 at 23:43.
  3. matthangzhou
    Since: Sep 2010

I was hoping this might be included in ps plus when I saw the title haha.

Comment posted on 01/12/2012 at 23:13.
  4. Sympozium

No need for the PS3 version then. However for Vita, MK and PS all Stars Versus modes don’t have any means to play against the A.I. Hope they don’t do the same with DOA or even Tekken once its finally on Vita.

Comment posted on 02/12/2012 at 02:26.
    • Bodachi
      Since: Jan 2010

You can play against A.I. in PS All-Stars on the Vita.

Comment posted on 02/12/2012 at 10:07.
      • Sympozium

..Weird, I just saw Wi-fi and Ad-hoc on the menu so just automattically assumed it was cpu-less.

Comment posted on 02/12/2012 at 16:58.
      • Bodachi
        Since: Jan 2010

Yeah you select the Wi-Fi option. It is a little bit confusing.

Comment posted on 02/12/2012 at 17:00.
  5. MuggleMind

DOA, huh? Won’t they have to widen the vita’s screen to accomodate the ample assets of the females?

Comment posted on 02/12/2012 at 11:52.
    • Kennykazey
      Since: Mar 2010

I wonder if the bouncy physics will take a hit during porting…

Comment posted on 02/12/2012 at 12:48.
      • MuggleMind

They’ll probably modify it so that shaking the vita adds extra movement. Or maybe use the touch screen for extra stimulation?

Comment posted on 03/12/2012 at 07:07.
  6. Kite
    Since: Apr 2010

I would love DoA5 to get some new conten, and I would love PSVita to get some more high profile games.
    I don’t like however playing fighting games on a hand held! Most of the times the controlls suck and It’s completly inapropriate to play with your buddies since each will have to bring it’s own game and console.

Comment posted on 02/12/2012 at 12:23.
    • Kennykazey
      Since: Mar 2010

I agree that fighting games are in a way like party games, best played with friends offline. Corss-play almost makes up for this though. But the Vita works well with fighters in terms of controls as it has the four facebuttons and a decent d-pad.

Comment posted on 02/12/2012 at 12:46.
    • avengerrr
      Since: Oct 2012

I found BlazBlue really good in terms of controls (vita), and it allowed for programming of the rear touch pad for combos. So one backwards swipe and the X button, and those lovely Bolverk were tearing enemies to shreds.

Analogs helped a lot too, nubs are terrible for movement in fighting games like BlazBlue where you have to combo with precise timing.

Comment posted on 02/12/2012 at 14:30.