Preview

Demon Slicing With a Preview of DmC: Devil May Cry [Video]

Has anyone got some peroxide?

We have a quick preview of DmC: Devil May Cry, in which Danté shows off his new hairstyle while chopping up some demonic spawn. Capcom’s soon-to-be-released hack-and-slash adventure is shaping up quite well, and should offer a nice easy way for newcomers to get into the series while still appealing to combo-loving veterans.

1. xdarkmagician

The game looks ok, and the new look doesn’t really bother me, but capcom’s recent history of re-releasing different versions of their games puts me off of any day 1 capcom purchases.

Comment posted on 14/12/2012 at 02:50.
  2. WESTHAMUTD1
    Since: Nov 2008

I’ve now come the point where most games aren’t day one buys for me anymore!i really fancy this game but after paying £40 for hitman and few weeks later its £20 I think ill start doing that with all games!fancied all stars battle royale too,just picked it up for £20 from game,littlebigplanet karting too!!

After playing this in the demo its a definite but for me,will leave for couple of weeks though!!

Comment posted on 14/12/2012 at 03:34.
    • Nickboss1
      Since: Mar 2010

Unfortunatly I cant see this game dropping price in Jan. the reason your getting games at half the price is the christmas deals. In Jan they will all go back up and this is a capcom so dont hold your breath for a price drop.

Comment posted on 14/12/2012 at 07:01.
    • XisTG

I’m with you on this, I bought NFS Most Wanted day one, and a month or so after release the game has already dropped 15€ or so. It’s true I’ve been having fun with the game and it is worth the money, no doubt, but with so many things on my backlog I would’ve happily played something else for a month if I knew the game would drop this much in such a short time.

Comment posted on 14/12/2012 at 11:01.
  3. Nickboss1
    Since: Mar 2010

*a capcom game*

Comment posted on 14/12/2012 at 07:03.
  4. wolf-OF-chaos
    Since: Feb 2012

This is definitely my first purchase of 2012

Comment posted on 14/12/2012 at 08:25.
  5. The Von Braun
    Since: Oct 2012

Hair is the new lensflare, you read it here 1st, look at the opening of this video, silly haircuts, newsreader with a comb-over and a bald chap! no expense spared.

Right DMC then, loved 1st and 3rd on PS2, hated the 2nd, never got on with the 4th on PS3/360, so welcome a new developer on board, sadly it’s people behind Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, right?.

So expect so good, but not fantastic tech (over hyped) and ideas ‘inspired’ from other folks games.

In a cynical mood today? hmmmn, maybe, but just saying it as i see it.

Comment posted on 14/12/2012 at 15:20.
  6. jonny_bolton
    Chooses The Impossible
    Since: Oct 2008

As a long time Devil May Cry fan (up there as one of my favourite game series in fact – inspite of 2) I have to say I wasn’t anywhere near as upset as I thought I’d be with the demo.

New Dante looks awful compared to new Dante but if I were to take this as a completely separate venture, he wouldn’t bother me.

My only gripe is the combo system and how all it seems to do is reward aerial gameplay. “Juggling” in the original DMC was one of the highlights of PS2 for me but in this game that’s all you seem to do.

The Stinger – the best move in all the games gets horribly underutilised and mapped to a clumsy “double press forward, Triangle” cofig.

Comment posted on 14/12/2012 at 17:50.