Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Outed By Poster

The cat is no longer in the bag.

So, this is fun. I have on my desk an, as yet unsigned, NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) for something Assassin’s Creed-y happening tomorrow. Once it is signed and after 5pm tomorrow I won’t be able to talk about anything relating to whatever happens tomorrow, not even reveal the name of the game.

In the meantime: hey look everyone, here’s a poster for Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag!

“According to our tipster, this poster will be on store walls on Monday, March 4,” reports Kotaku.

By pure coincidence my NDA will expire at 5pm on Monday 4th of March, what are the chances of that happening?!

The poster looks legit and shows a be-robed Assassin fighting off rufty tufty pirates, obviously the Naval battles in Assassin’s Creed III will be the focus for the fourth in the series.

The game is rumoured to be out next year so we are expecting Next Gen versions alongside PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flags is a thing, at least until tomorrow afternoon when everyone will be gagged until Monday 4th March and every site has to post about the game together in one big orchestrated PR gush of piratey goodness.

Source: Kotaku

1. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

Pirates, nice. Still haven’t played revelations or 3 yet. Hoping this turns out more appealing than the others.

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:02.
  2. Temascos
    Since: Jan 2013

What arr they doing with this series!? (Sorry) :)

I haven’t played any of the Assassin’s Creed games since 2, so I’ve got a lot to catch up on. I usually seem to wait a two year gap before I play a sequel, I played AC2 in 2011 (First one in 2009, when 2 was just coming out). By the time I get to AC3 the 8th installment will be out! (If I carry on at the same pace).

And personally, why don’t they do Victorian London as a setting? Jack The Ripper as an Assassin just writes itself.

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:08.
  3. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

The NDA sounds a bit pointless as i would have thought that they would want people speaking about it. We should publish an article about it at 4:59pm tomorrow just to annoy Ubi’s PR company.

As for AC4. I’m unsure if a naval battle focus is the correct way to go for the AC franchise. I loved the naval battles but i suspect an entire game based around it may get a bit repitive. I’m not sure if i really want to see Conner in another game as he is not as good as Ezio and Altair. I hope that if they do decide to make it a naval battle heavy game, we can free roam on our ship with random encounters or just trying to get there in one piece. AC4 faces a bit of a problem due to what Conner did in AC3 and if it’s set straight after AC3, i dare not say any more due to risk accidentally spoiling it.

MP naval battles are must! I would play the AC mp just for that and go through Uplay as well to do so. Wonder if the same people who were offended by brits being killed will complain about brits being killed again?

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:09.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

“We should publish an article about it at 4:59pm tomorrow just to annoy Ubi’s PR company.”

Sadly will also annoy their legal team.

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:56.
      • The Lone Steven
        Never heard of him.

I’m pretty sure if we sent them a cake afterwards, they would be happy.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 09:40.
  4. Origami Killer

Haven’t played an Assassin’s Creed game since Brotherhood. And I doubt I ever will again, even if this is basically announced on my birthday!

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:11.
    • Jakster123x
      Since: Aug 2011

Wait, is your birthday on Monday? :)

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:14.
      • Origami Killer

Yes, my 19th, im guessing it’s your too? :)

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:20.
    • Jakster123x
      Since: Aug 2011

Yup, my 18th :)

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:42.
      • Origami Killer

Nice! Well have a good day next week, be sure to get hammered, as I will be doing :P

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:45.
      • Jakster123x
        Since: Aug 2011

Haha, will do. Hope you have a good day too :)

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:58.
      • 3shirts

Weird, it’s mine too (though a considerably higher number, it’s my 31st).
        Happy birthday to us, Team March 4th

Comment posted on 28/02/2013 at 10:01.
      • Jakster123x
        Since: Aug 2011

That’s pretty strange. Team March 4th assemble!

Comment posted on 28/02/2013 at 16:07.
  5. Jakster123x
    Since: Aug 2011

A new Assassin’s Creed game announcement on my birthday? Nice.

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:12.
  6. Tomhlord
    Team TSA: Writer
    Since: Apr 2009

Come on UbiSoft, you can come up with ideas other than Assassins, I know it. Yes, you can…….please?

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:16.
  7. Alex C
    One for all.

It’s cross gen.

“The main characters name is Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway from Assassin’s Creed 3. Edward is known as a Privateer, Assassin and occasional pirate. The games location is set in the Caribbean on multiple island including Jamaica, Cuba and the Bahamas.

The current game is running on the Xbox 360, but has plans for next generation console’s as well.”

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:17.
    • Alex C
      One for all.

Apostrophe disasters not mine, btw.

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:17.
      • Peter Chapman
        Team TSA: Editor

“apostrophe disasters” is my new favourite phrase =D

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:30.
      • Moshbag
        Since: Nov 2011

Apostrophe disasters are gone after defeat of the Grammarlord Servant.

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:42.
      • Tuffcub
        On the naughty step.

Assassins’ Creed: Apostrophe Disasters

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:55.
      • Alex C
        One for all.

The irony. ;)

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 20:51.
      • Tuffcub
        On the naughty step.

Shush you :)

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 21:29.
  8. yiddo
    Since: Jun 2010

What happened to the whole ‘different protagonist, different time setting’ story floating around everywhere?

Shame they are still sticking with Connor and this time period. This series is slowly starting to fade away, which is a real shame as ACII was one of my favourite games this generation.

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:18.
    • yiddo
      Since: Jun 2010

Well after reading what Nofis just put above, it sounds a bit better. But I’d rather them move completely away from that time period…

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:19.
  9. PriceofWar
    Since: Mar 2012

What’s next, Assassin’s Creed V: 50 Shades of Grey Flag? I wonder if there will be a Delux edition.

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:24.
    • Peter Chapman
      Team TSA: Editor

I’m going to hope you meant “Dulux Edition” there and praise you for your comic genius
      …but lament your tragic spelling ;)

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:31.
      • kjkg
        Since: Apr 2010

“durex Edition” would have been better.

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 22:26.
      • PriceofWar
        Since: Mar 2012

Heh yeah, I meant Dulux, but let’s pretend Delux is a mixture of dulux and deluxe :P

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 06:15.
  10. Awayze
    Since: Jul 2010

The downfall of this series has started.

Comment posted on 26/02/2013 at 19:26.