GAME Offering 12 Months Of PlayStation Plus For Just £19.99

Massive savings on gaming's best deal.

UK retailer GAME is currently selling download codes for PlayStation Plus for just £19.99. That’s one hell of a saving on something that most consider to be a fantastic deal anyway.

Here’s the link – if it doesn’t work (we had some issues) head to GAME’s home page and just search for “plus”. Looks like it’s online only, but that shouldn’t really matter.

March’s Plus includes Dead or Alive 5.

As far as we can tell this is 100% genuine, but obviously we’re not guaranteeing anything. Any questions or issues fire them at GAME! Note that this’ll be a code for UK/EU PSN accounts.

Via GAF.

Read more: # #
  1. Eldur
    Since: Nov 2012

There’s been a few such deals on Plus recently, and it’s got me thinking…

Do we think (or know) that the PS4 will allow existing PS3 Plus subscribers to transfer over their existing subscriptions to the new console? Perhaps these deals might suggest a new form of PS+ subscription is in the offing and Sony are trying hard to push the remnants of the old system to existing users?

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 09:14.
  2. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

Oh wow considering its 39.99 a year, there is no excuse now for anyone not to get it. That’s a no brained bargain

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 09:15.
  3. Bilbo_bobbins

It still wouldn’t make me buy it. Because I don’t have the time to play all the games it offers, so I’m better off keeping the money to buy a game I actually want to spend time on. It’s a great deal for those with lots of time to play though.

Makes you wonder if the cut in price is because of a new subscription model coming in for the PS4 and it wont be transferable.

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 09:32.
    • jeccross
      Since: Feb 2012

Really don’t get this view. It’s £19.99 for £500+ of games for a year. You only need to play one of them to make it worth it.

I’ve had at least 2 things I wouldn’t have bought eventually anyway, plus stuff I would never have tried otherwise.

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 10:02.
      • Bilbo_bobbins

Like I said, I don’t have time to sit down and play all the games, so for me the money is better spent on a game/two indie games of my choice that I know I will like.

I also said its a great deal for those who do have the time. I would snap at it if I wasn’t chasing after my toddler most evenings.

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 10:09.
      • KeRaSh

I completely agree with Bilbo. It really is a great deal but there is almost no appeal for me to get a Plus subscription. Free Plus games are usually a few months old so if it’s a game I’m really interested in, chances are I’ve already bought or played it.
        I still have a huge catalog of unplayed games for the PS3 and on my Steam account that I have already paid for so there is really no point for me to pay another 20 Pounds to simply increade my backlog.
        I’m only interested in Plus’ cloud saves and the automatic download of patches but that alone is not worth 20 Pounds to me.

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 10:18.
      • KeRaSh

Also: Slow internet connections and full HDDs are not really helping if the service basically is all about download only content. :)

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 10:19.
      • bmg_123
        Since: Feb 2012

I’ve got Plus until 2014, and I’m not sure I’ll finish any of the games by then. A levels, coupled with several hobbies and trying to at the same time earn money pushes all of that Plus stuff to the back, as well as new releases like Bioshock this month that take priority over my backlog.

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 16:19.
  4. Eldave0
    andUandU

Hope this offer lasts until the end of the month. Will definately go for this but need to be paid first lol

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 09:37.
  5. wonkey-willy
    Since: Jan 2010

Bargain for sure..but im with bilbo on this one.
    Looks like its making way for something new
    Just got a new controller with 90 days plus thrown in for nought

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 09:39.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

Where was that from? I’m in the market for a new controller, the free plus would be a deal maker.

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 09:59.
      • wonkey-willy
        Since: Jan 2010

Got it from isme the catalogue site was €44.00 but id you are a new customer you get £10.00 off and free delivery so £34.00 for a new controller and 90 days plus …not bad me thinks

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 12:20.
      • wonkey-willy
        Since: Jan 2010

And asda are doing the 90 days and a controller but i think its 40 squids

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 12:44.
  6. Avenger
    Since: Oct 2012

It was 29.99 earlier in the week when *I* bought it. Oh well. It does happen. ugh.

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 09:41.
  7. jimmy-google

Not sure this indicates a massive change otherwise surely there would be a far more widespread discount. This just appears to be Game shifting stock. They had cards in the stores for £29.99 for a while.

At £19.99 it’s worth it even if it only covers Vita but the PS3 looks like it’ll be around for a while. I’ve topped up with another year, should see me through until Christmas 2014.

Even if there’s a new Gold level I’m sure there will be some sort of offer to upgrade your subscription.

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 09:43.
    • Bilbo_bobbins

can you actually top up your subscription? So if you buy another year while you are 6 months in, does it just add ontop of your current subscription or renew it instantly for a year?

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 10:12.
      • jimmy-google

Yep, subscriptions are stack-able which is great as no-one has to miss out on the offers.

It just extends the end date.

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 10:18.
      • DividSmythe
        Since: May 2012

Yes it stacks

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 10:19.
      • jimmy-google

Just gone to by download list and all my Plus items are at the top with a new expiry date (Dec 2014) and today as the purchased date.

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 10:20.
    • KeRaSh

A Vita only subscription tier would be great. I’d be interested in that.

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 10:23.
  8. SpikeyMikey23

Would love to take this up but unfortunately have zero time for what plus has to offer!

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 10:15.
  9. GreenMekon

Damn I just bought 12 months from game last night for £29.99, I thought that was good value…..

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 10:15.
  10. Jim Hargreaves

Sweet.

Hopefully they are running the same promotion in-store. Will have to give it a butcher’s when I go to pick up Ascension :)

Comment posted on 15/03/2013 at 10:34.