PlayStation Plus June Content Leaks Out, NBA 2K14 And Dragon's Crown

Bouncy bouncy bouncy.

The PlayStation store seems to have jumped the gun once again and has a sidebar advert revealing the June PS+ content.

Come to PlayStation 3 is the pixelated indie horror of Lone Survivor, whilst the AAA game of the month is the ball bouncing NBA 2K 14.  Staying with things that bounce about, the improbably animated Dragon’s Crown will be the game of the month on PS Vita. You may want to play that game in the privacy of your own home, I got some very odd looks when I played it on the tube to work.

Finally, PlayStation 4 owners will be loading up Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate, which is the ultimate version of Pixeljunk Shooter. Hope that helps.

Pixejunk Shooter Ultimate and Lone Survivor are cross buy, whether or not that offer is extended to the PS+ versions has yet to be revealed.

Source: SEN Store

1. a inferior race
    I'm special

Never played pixeljunk games

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 17:34.
    • wonkey-willy
      Since: Jan 2010

you aint missed much mate!
      *dives behind settee to avoid barrage of abuse*

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 17:38.
      • tonycawley
        Pint! Pint!

Pixeljunk monsters is absolutely brilliant. Beyond that, I agree they’re not very good. Pixeljunk shooter is a reasonable distraction for a couple of hours but nothing beyond that.
        I think as a ps3 owner I was spoilt with the quality on offer with ps+ because since getting the ps4 at launch there has been nothing of interest at all for me.

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 17:44.
      • XisTG

oh come on, the games are pretty cool :)

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 17:54.
      • zeroTRoN
        Since: Jul 2011

aint missed much?
        Eden, Shooter, Monsters, & Racer are all wonderful games. Eden was loads of fun & my fav of the bunch,. To each his own tho I suppose.

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 18:34.
      • Kennykazey
        Since: Mar 2010

Come out from under there, and take it like a man!

Monsters is one of the best Tower Defence games there is, especially in co-op!

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 20:04.
      • NotSmartEnough
        Since: Sep 2013

Eden was superb, lost a lot of time to that one… Minimalist design, great audio. Shooter was good, not sure how much time I’ll put into it on PS4 though.

Slightly off-topic: where’s my cross-buy Journey?! I’m sure I remember being promised that…

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 21:11.
    • gamerbuff
      Since: May 2014

Pixeljunk genes are great.

Simple but immense fun. Sadly the press only seem to think Nintendo create these sort of games and look past pixeljunk titles.

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 19:07.
  2. TSBonyman

On the one hand i’m disappointed that we’re getting an old game for PS4 – on the other hand PJ Shooter is one of my favourites so i’m quite loking forward to playing the Ultimate edition!

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 17:41.
  3. hazelam

meh for NBA, but i’ve wanted to play Dragon’s Crown for a while.
    i still don’t know if i’ll be able to play the sorceress though.
    looks like a great game other than that.

and Lone survivor is another title i’ve been wanting to play.

whenever they’ve had cross buy titles on plus before, i’m sure we’ve got both versions on most, if not all of them, so i’d imagine that would be the case here.

wasn’t Dragon’s Crown cross buy as well?
    or is it just cross platform play?

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 17:43.
  4. leeroye
    Since: May 2012

Is it this month that the annual content gets a refresh too?

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 17:48.
  5. philbert8
    The Frankie Boyle Of TSA
    Since: Sep 2010

Well that’s shit. A “buy it for pennies humblebundle game” that I already own, twice, and a sports game that’s only ever played by people that bought last years slightly different version.

Utter balls!

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 17:48.
    • scavenga

Seconded.

I always defend Sony’s Plus offers, even when I already own everything in a month’s update, but staying positive is getting really difficult.

These lo-res pixel games like Lone Survivor are actually starting to aggravate me.

Comment posted on 28/05/2014 at 07:51.
  6. JR.
    Since: Apr 2013

Pretty awful bunch of games for me this month but there’s always going to be one month when there aren’t any games that you like.

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 17:57.
  7. Lieutenant Fatman
    Since: Jul 2013

Pixejunk Shooter Ultimate, that’s more like it, didn’t really get on with Stick it to the Man, this is much more my cup of tea. Dragon’s Crown as well for the Vita, had my eye on that for a while, think I would have preferred it on PS3 for the local co-op, but should be fun I’m sure.
    Just bought Lone Survivor in a PS store sale, but what can you do? Naughty Sony.

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 18:03.
  8. BrendanCalls
    Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc - YOHIMBÉ!!!

Hmm!!! I suspect a AAA game (maybe 2) announced at E3 for PS4

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 18:09.
  9. Khaliel
    Since: Oct 2010

That’s not the full list as 1 game is missing for Vita (cross buy games never counted as a game for both systems, so it has to be 2 games for Vita) and the annual games are not listed.
    But if this leak is true, WORST PS+ month ever and AGAIN an horrible game on PS4. 7 months now, and still 2D games?

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 18:11.
    • Lieutenant Fatman
      Since: Jul 2013

Just to point out, Contrast was a 3D title. And the graphics for Resogun and Dead Nation are all fully 3D.

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 18:17.
      • Lieutenant Fatman
        Since: Jul 2013

And Outlast as well of course, not my cup of tea personally with the horror theme, but still 3D.

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 18:28.
  10. tactical20

Won Lone Survivor from a TSA comp! I rate it, but then Jasper Byrne was one of my favourite drum & bass producers from long before he started making games, so probs a bit biased!

Comment posted on 27/05/2014 at 18:15.