We know, we know, “SCEE sucks”, “America gets all the best stuff!” well just sit tight for a moment. Whilst the Fat Princess patch went live yesterday night over in America, it will be arriving on our shores “next week” according to the official Titan Studios blog. The developers have stated that the patch was submitted to Sony last Monday and has been going through testing since then. This process usually takes two weeks but an extra push was made which meant that fourteen days was cut to four. Europe, however, will be receiving the patch more closely to the usual timeframe due to the sheer amount of territories it must first go through.
What we can expect when the patch does go live is a massive reduction in lag and various gameplay changes. The full details list as:
- The server selection heuristic has been modified so that ping time has been more heavily weighted when selecting potential matches. This will result in players being connected to games in such a way that game population and ping are more evenly weighted.
- Newly hosted servers will be more attractive to potential clients and thus fill up more quickly. The change will also better distribute connection attempts among servers and thus reduce failed attempts.
- Potential servers will be given less time to respond to ping requests. This should speed up that portion of the connection process.
- Selected servers will be given more time to establish a connection, resulting in fewer failed attempts.
- The connection code is less sensitive to packets coming back out of order. This was a cause of failed connections.
- Ice Mage and Dark Priest AoE scoring has been adjusted from 10 points to 2 points per enemy affected.
- Non-worker resource return has been reduced from 20 points to 10 points.
- Feeding the princess has been reduced from 20 points to 15 points.
- Castle door hit points have been reduced slightly from 30 to 25.
- The Princess’ calorie burn has been increased at weight stage 2, 3, and 4. Calorie burn was previously 2 per second at all stages. Stage 2 is now 4 per second, stage 3 is 8 per second, and stage 4 is 12 per second.
Titan stated that future patches will cater to the less frequent problems before finishing by thanking players for sticking through the first weeks problems and promising that “there is more great stuff to come”.
Source: Titan Studios Blog