Aksys Games has announced that BlazBlue: Continuum Shift will receive an update in May. The patch features Platinum the Trinity as a purchasable character for $7.99 (560 MS Points) and changes the balance of the game. The Platinum add-on includes 24 alternate colors, her Unlimited form, and new Trophies/Achievements.
The console version of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift is finally getting updated to BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II, bringing it up to speed with the arcade version of the game. Here’s a list of patch notes provided by Aksys Games:
- New character Platinum the Trinity added
- Game balance updated to /BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II/
- New achievements and trophies added for the character Platinum the Trinity
- All Challenge Mode combos updated for character changes
- Updated Ranked Match interface and matchmaking procedure
- Improved measures for better online latency
- Improved countermeasures for disconnecting players in Ranked Match
- New simplified chat messages added for Player Match rooms
- Addressed an issue where Valkenhayn’s achievements could not be obtained (Xbox 360 Version)
- Added an ad banner to be displayed on certain game screens
- Various other bug fixes
In Japan, the new update will be available on May 10th for the Xbox 360 and on May 12th for the PS3. An exact release date has not been announced for North America yet. It’s also unknown if the European version will receive the same update. We’ll keep you updated.