NPD numbers for April have started popping up across the web and although the amount of data officially released to the public keeps getting smaller and smaller, somehow the same stats continue to weasel their way out.
We’ve got the list of the top games and hardware for April listed below, along with their sales totals (if available).
NPD April 2011 Game Sales
1. Mortal Kombat – PS3, 360
2. Portal 2 – 360, PS3, PC
3. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars – Wii, NDS, 360, 3DS, PS3, PC
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops – 360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC
5. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters – 360, PS3, Wii
6. Crysis 2 – 360, PS3, PC
7. Just Dance 2 – Wii
8. Michael Jackson The Experience – 360, Wii, PS3, NDS, PSP
9. Pokemon White – NDS
10. NBA 2K11 – 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, PC
NPD April 2011 Hardware Sales
1. Xbox 360 – 297,000
2. PlayStation 3 – 204,300
3. Nintendo 3DS – 194,000 (unofficial)
4. Nintendo Wii – 172,000 (unofficial)
Nothing too surprising there, except for maybe the 3DS sales figures. As stated above, those numbers are rumored and did not come straight from Nintendo but if they are indeed real, that’s a pretty disappointing start. Especially when you look back to 7 years ago at what the original DS did during it’s first 5 weeks – 1.36 million units. Granted, the original did launch during a holiday season but even still, the industry has grown substantially in the US since then, so they have to be letdown by how the 3DS started.
Source: Game Informer