Take A Look At The Knight From Trine 2

He's our hero.

Oh hi, Trine 2, I was beginning to wonder if you had been given the chop! It’s been a while, but some new footage from the gorgeous looking Trine 2 has been released, this time focusing on the Knight character.

The game will be available to download this September for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Source: FrozenbyteGames

1. aerobes

The colours in this game are just a joy. The first one was a thoroughly enjoyable puzzle/platformer, if slightly pricey, and I’ll be picking this up on release.

Comment posted on 25/07/2011 at 08:25.
    • mugsybalone

Who needs bright colours when you can go black and white to depress your way to praise from the gaming press? Worked for Limbo ;)

Comment posted on 25/07/2011 at 10:27.
      • aerobes

“praise from the gaming press”

Key point there, mugsy. Gaming press, I am not.
        I regularly find myself in disagreement with gaming press which I very rarely air but Limbo … to say I was unimpressed would is a gross understatement and I’ll leave it at that before I generate dozens of comments condemning my right to an opinion.

I’m looking straight at Trine 2 to restore what little faith I have left in the 2D puzzle/platformer genre.

Comment posted on 25/07/2011 at 10:45.
      • mugsybalone

“to say I was unimpressed would is a gross understatement”

yeah, I gathered that much. I’m only teasing about Limbo, I just know you’re not a fan. Back on topic I agree with you over the first Trine, was great fun – and I think the quality justified the price.

Comment posted on 25/07/2011 at 11:12.
      • aerobes

I know you were tempting me with the mention of Limbo. ;)

Something I never tried when I played the game was the co-op system so hopefully I’ll be able to give it a go when the new game launches.

Another platinum trophy list would be nice. After recently completing Lara Croft and the GoL, I thought that definitely could’ve been a platinum too.

Comment posted on 25/07/2011 at 11:33.
    • Peco
      Since: Oct 2010

It was slightly pricey, I agree, though just cheap enough to seem decent. This looks like it’ll be an improvement over the first one so a similar price would be acceptable.

Comment posted on 25/07/2011 at 10:50.
  2. TSBonyman

So gorgeous at this time of the morning… Am I really awake? :)
    nice to see an improvement of the knights abilities as I used him the least in the first game.

Comment posted on 25/07/2011 at 08:31.
  3. brewersteve

I played trine continuously until platinum so I can’t wait for this!

Comment posted on 25/07/2011 at 09:05.
  4. tantalus_blank
    Since: Nov 2008

“Hey look the knight can do all the stuff you could do in the previous game except for slightly changing the direction of water!”
    This is why I’m still not pumped about Trine 2 – I loved the first game and platinumed it, but there seem to be hardly any new abilities shown in these trailers. I’ll make my decision when it gets released methinks

Comment posted on 25/07/2011 at 11:25.
  5. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

That reminds me- must play Trine.
    I bought it months ago in some sale or other, but haven’t gotten around to it yet…

Comment posted on 25/07/2011 at 12:42.
    • Smallville2106
      Since: Feb 2011

I have the first one on my hard drive too. Need to start it soon as not long till this is out. The video looks great. Love the colours.

Comment posted on 25/07/2011 at 20:01.
  6. yogh_wayne
    Since: Oct 2008

Nice :) Looking forward to Trine 2 since it was announced last year. The first game is brilliant!

Comment posted on 25/07/2011 at 20:02.
  7. Kevatron400
    Drake, baby.

Man this game is just looking beautiful! I’m so impressed. That water was a particular highlight.

Comment posted on 27/07/2011 at 07:53.