Modern Warfare 3 has blown up the charts this week. It’s number one, of course. If you didn’t see that coming, you’re either a blinkered fool or a hopeless romantic. It may not have been quite as successful as Activision hoped though, UK sales seem to be down in comparison to Black Ops’ first week, despite Activision claiming big increases in users.
Elsewhere in the charts, Skyrim picks Battlefield 3’s pocket to take the second spot and EA’s own big seller, FIFA 12 is still in the top five at number four. Uncharted 3 still has a firm grip on the top ten at number six Batman is holding strong too. Zumba Fitness must have sold gajillions by now, it seems to have been in the top ten forever but then, just outside of this chart, at number 23 is Mario Kart Wii. Now that’s a long tail.
- CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 – ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- BATTLEFIELD 3 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- FIFA 12 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- JUST DANCE 3 – UBISOFT
- UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE’S DECEPTION – SONY COMPUTER ENT.
- MOSHI MONSTERS: MOSHLING ZOO – MIND CANDY
- BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
- ZUMBA FITNESS – 505 GAMES
- WII PARTY – NINTENDO
- SKYLANDERS: SPYRO’S ADVENTURE – ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- FORZA MOTORSPORT 4 – MICROSOFT
- MICHAEL JACKSON: THE EXPERIENCE – UBISOFT
- FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 – SEGA
- KINECT SPORTS: SEASON TWO – MICROSOFT
- LEGO PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN – DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
- RAGE – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2012 – KONAMI
- TINTIN: THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN – UBISOFT
- F1 2011 – CODEMASTERS
- SONIC GENERATIONS – EGA