Activision’s juggernaut shooter has seen a two per cent bump in sales – its first increase since release day. So top spot is held by Modern Warfare 3, predictably. Interestingly, FIFA 12 seems like it will be under a lot of people’s trees this Christmas. The football game has seen a 30 per cent rise in sales and moved back up the chart from number five to take second place ahead of Assassin’s Creed Revelations, which saw a two per cent decline in sales.
Ubisoft won’t be too saddened by Assassin’s Creed’s slight decline though, their other massive franchise – Just Dance – has stormed the charts and moved back up to fourth place on the back of a 54 per cent increase in sales. There’s going to be a lot of dancing this Christmas, it seems.
Mario Kart 7, which was the only game I played this weekend, debuted at number 8. This is a key period for Nintendo and the 3DS but with the Wii version of Mario Kart still hanging in on the charts at number 23, we assume they’re running a marathon rather than a sprint.
- CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 – ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- FIFA 12 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- ASSASSIN’S CREED: REVELATIONS – UBISOFT
- JUST DANCE 3 – UBISOFT
- THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- SAINTS ROW: THE THIRD – THQ
- PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE SPECTRE’S CALL – NINTENDO
- MARIO KART 7 – NINTENDO
- BATTLEFIELD 3 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- SUPER MARIO 3D LAND – NINTENDO
- MARIO & SONIC LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES – EGA
- NEED FOR SPEED: THE RUN – LECTRONIC ARTS
- MOSHI MONSTERS: MOSHLING ZOO – MIND CANDY
- WWE ’12 – THQ
- BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
- UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE’S DECEPTION – SONY COMPUTER ENT.
- SKYLANDERS: SPYRO’S ADVENTURE – ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- FORZA MOTORSPORT 4 – MICROSOFT
- LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 5-7 – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
- ZUMBA FITNESS – 505 GAMES