We’ve hit half a century of numbered podcasts. Woo! All of the regular cast are here for the recording, although I think Lewis might have had a nap for a while. I don’t blame him, we probably bang on about the terrible financial situations reported by Game, THQ and Sony for a little bit longer than we should.
We also discuss the Before Watchmen comic announcement and the rumours around the Star Wars TV series before Kris’ internet connection decided that it prefers Kev as a host. Luckily, Kris must have learned some moves from SoulCalibur V and managed to beat his internet connection into submission just in time to talk about the stabby fighter.
Lewis talks about The Reader, which sounds like a really interesting play on the viewer’s moral obligations. Set against the backdrop of the Second World War, it subverts the traditional assumptions. He also tells us about NEDS, the story of a young Scottish boy who is abandoned by the system and living in a dysfunctional home. He finds life easier by turning away from schoolwork and embracing the growing violence around him. The other film featured this week is Abel, which sounds funny, a bit weird and quite interesting. Unfortunately, that’s not on Netflix so it doesn’t exist in my world.
I briefly talk about playing FIFA on the iPad and we end up talking about Vita’s touchscreen systems before Kris tells us about The Massive comic preview.
As always, we round out the show with our movie quiz and listener’s questions.
- You can send questions via email to podcasts[at]thesixthaxis.com.
- You can also tag your questions on Twitter with #tsacast and, provided you’re not on a private account, we’ll see them in our search each week. Finally, general TSA lunatic, SolidSteven, set up a questions thread in the forum.
This podcast features strong language, jokes in poor taste and adult themes, if you’re offended by that then we recommend that you don’t listen to it at all.
- As usual, you can grab the MP3 file here (right click to download).
- You might want to get it (when the RSS catches us) on the RSS feed, here.
- Or we’re on iTunes, when iTunes feels like updating. You can also leave us a review and subscribe there, if you want to be particularly lovely.
Get us on Twitter:
- Kev – @kevatron400
- Kris – @halbpro
- Lewis – @LewisGaston
- Peter – @colossalblue
- Oscar Mike Media – @oscarmikemedia