It’s time for our weekly run down of the UK Gaming charts but as your regular host Dan is away this morning I am will be standing in for one week. For an authentic chart countdown experience please press play on this video before continuing.
I thought we could have a look at the whole top 40 today, as it’s quite interesting to see what’s going on at the lower end of the chart.
Number 38 finds Sega’s Binary Domain floundering badly and way down at number 22 is the previous chart topper, Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning. Sega will be upset over the poor performance of Binary Domain, it’s barely tickled the charts since release.
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception makes a surprising appearance at number 19, whilst Rayman: Origins sits three places above it, no doubt benefiting from its price being slashed in every major retailer.
THQ brawler UFC Undisputed punches in at number 6 whilst last weeks number one, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, drops to number four. It will be interesting to find out how many Vita hardware units have been sold this week.
EA may well be feeling a little disappointed with some of their games, with Syndicate just missing out on the top ten by one place, and the PlayStation Vita version of FIFA falling to number 8. Of course it’s not all that bad for them though, as they’ve managed to grab the number two spot with the home console version of FIFA and have also secured themselves the coveted number one slot.
That’s right, sitting at the top spot – and no doubt just itching to slide all the way down to the bottom performing tricks as it does so – is snowboard ’em up, SSX.
Top 40 Entertainment Software (All Prices), Week Ending 03 March 2012
- SSX – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- FIFA 12 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- MARIO PARTY 9 – NINTENDO
- UNCHARTED: GOLDEN ABYSS – SONY COMPUTER ENT.
- MARIO & SONIC LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES – SEGA
- UFC UNDISPUTED 3 – THQ
- CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 – ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- FIFA FOOTBALL – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- ASSASSIN’S CREED: REVELATIONS – UBISOFT
- BATTLEFIELD 3 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- SYNDICATE – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
- THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- ZUMBA FITNESS – 505 GAMES
- FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 – SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
- RAYMAN ORIGINS – UBISOFT
- JUST DANCE 3 – UBISOFT
- SAINTS ROW: THE THIRD – THQ
- UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE’S DECEPTION – SONY COMPUTER ENT.
- RAGE – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- SKYLANDERS: SPYRO’S ADVENTURE – ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- KINGDOMS OF AMALUR: RECKONING – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- SUPER MARIO 3D LAND – NINTENDO
- FORZA MOTORSPORT 4 – MICROSOFT
- METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION – KONAMI
- ZUMBA FITNESS 2 – 505 GAMES
- FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS ULTIMATE EDITION – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- F1 2011 – CODEMASTERS
- MOSHI MONSTERS: MOSHLING ZOO – MIND CANDY
- LEGO PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN – DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
- MARIO KART 7 – NINTENDO
- LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 5-7 – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
- THE DARKNESS II – TAKE 2
- SONIC GENERATIONS – SEGA
- THE SIMS 3 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- SKATE 3 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- THE SIMS 3: PETS – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- DEAD ISLAND – KOCH MEDIA
- BINARY DOMAIN – SEGA
- CARS 2 – DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
UKIE Games Charts compiled by GfK Chart-Track via ShopTo.