BioShock Infinite is holding firm at the top of the UK games charts. It remains at the top for a third week running, keeping Tomb Raider in second place. The ever-present FIFA moves up to number three ahead of last week’s most notable new release, Defiance.
There’s not much more to say about Infinite that we (and everyone else) hasn’t already said but I will say that I’ve been very impressed at how well the game lingered in my thoughts after I finished it. Part of that might just be the fact that everyone is talking about it so much but I think it’s also due to that ending (no spoilers, please).
Defiance drops to number four, we’ve got a review of that in the works but early critical response has been mixed. Console versions, in particular, have been called rushed to the point of being broken but the PC version seems quite interesting and the way it all ties in to a brand new original Syfy TV show will make for an interesting experiment in that transmedia guff that publishers are so keen on.
Here’s the top 20, there’s a full top 40 at UKIE:
- BIOSHOCK INFINITE – TAKE 2
- TOMB RAIDER – SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
- FIFA 13 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- DEFIANCE – TRION WORLDS
- LUIGI’S MANSION 2 – NINTENDO
- CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II – ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- ASSASSIN’S CREED III – UBISOFT
- GEARS OF WAR: JUDGMENT – MICROSOFT
- LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
- FAR CRY 3 – UBISOFT
- NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 14 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
- THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- SKYLANDERS GIANTS – ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- HALO 4 – MICROSOFT
- SONIC & ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED – SEGA
- JUST DANCE 4 – UBISOFT
- SIMCITY – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- SNIPER: GHOST WARRIOR 2 – CITY INTERACTIVE