Trailers are a little thin on the ground this week, but at least there is one for Hyrule Warriors which features Midna, Link’s chum from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
Homefront The Revolution and Dead Island 2 will be playable at Games Expo Scotland, and Nottingham-based Crytek UK will also be at GES giving a developer-session talk about Homefront: The Revolution, assuming they have any staff left by then.
Games Expo Scotland is a new two day event which will “showcase a diverse range of games all under one roof. A mixture of competitions, features, displays, retro games, presenter sessions, indie games and the most anticipated games for all platforms will be on show.”
Tickets cost between £10 and £35, for more information click here.
- “Nobody will assume this is going to be awesome” – Pete Hines, Bethesda’s VP of marketing, talking about Doom 4.
- Nordic Games have confirmed that “there will be a future for Darksiders.” This has shocked many gamers who thought Nordic Games had bought the license for lots of money and then were going to doing nothing with it and waste their huge investment.
A new Yakuza game has been confirmed for PlayStation 4 in Japan. Whether or not it makes it to our shores has yet to be decided.
What will the power of next-gen give us? Better AI? Improved draw distances? Epic games?
A major reason so many last-gen characters sported crew cuts was we couldn't do hair easily. I expect much more hairstyles this generation.
— Jonathan Cooper (@GameAnim) July 1, 2014
Some new gameplay footage from Evolve, featuring a spot of Kraken hunting.
Killzone: Mercenary has been patched and contains some revisions to the spawn system’s selection criteria, which will improve the multiplayer experience. It has also addressed several stability issues that the community’s highlighted, and tackled a couple of the reported glitches that people were exploiting in matches.
Meanwhile, big brother Killzone: Shadow Fall has also been patched to fix a number of bugs in the Intercept DLC.
- Fixed 180 degree spawn camera – In MP, when you spawn you won’t be facing the opposite direction of which the camera was facing.
- Added a message on spawn in co-op – A special message will appear when you are incapacitated which will make it more clear that if you choose to spawn you will need to pay or wait for a revive.
- Tier icons now unlock correctly – It is now easier to see which guns you are able to unlock.
- Flow of end of round – The flow of the end of the round is now much smoother.
- Fixed several bugs – Patch 1.30 fixes several minor bugs related to Intercept and multiplayer.
The patch also includes support for the new maps that will be arriving this month.
Warframe gamers went on strike over the weekend to protest at Perfect World Entertainment buying the developers, Digital Extremes. This is because, according to Reddit, “PWE is a terrible company that ***** up good F2P games by building paywalls for content.”
No action has been taken against chickens, which seems a little unfair to Perfect World Entertainment.
The demos and trailers of The Division have been at “the minimum level of detail”, according to Ubisoft Massive. “The graphics enable the gameplay, it’s not a tech demo that we just added a shooter over the top of,” they add.
It was also revealed that the PvP multiplayer areas will be seamless integrated in to the game rather than locked off in a separate arena, ala Destiny.
It appears that PS Vita exclusive Freedom Wars is a bit hard. Well, very hard in fact, and a lot of gamers have complained.
“It has come to my attention that the current players find the degree of difficulty to be too hard”, posted producer Junichi Yoshizawa. “In regard to the matter, we’ll be looking at countermeasures in the next few days.”
And Finally, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has been completed in less than four minutes.