One of the bigger releases this week is Ubisoft’s Far Cry 4, which has players exploring the fictional nation of Kyrat while violently interacting with some of the local people and fauna. However there has been a bit of an issue for those who have downloaded the game for PS3 off the PSN store, namely data getting corrupted. PC players also haven’t been spared issues, with the game apparently crashing quite a lot. If you have the PC version you’ll get a patch soon. Meanwhile PS3 players should follow the instructions below.
1) Navigate to the ‘Game’ option from the XMB
2) Highlight the installed version of the game and press the triangle button
3) Select ‘Delete’ and confirm the prompt
4) While still in the ‘Game’ option, select ‘Saved Data Utility (PS3)’
5) If a Far Cry 4 save file exists, highlight it and press the triangle button
6) Select ‘Delete’ and confirm the prompt to remove the save file
7) Repeat this step for all Far Cry 4 save files in the folder
8) While still in the ‘Game’ option, select ‘Game Data Utility’
9) Highlight the Far Cry 4 game data and press the triangle button
10) Select ‘Delete’ and confirm the prompt to remove the game data
Once this is done you have to redownload Far Cry 4 from the store, which should be 9.4GB and include a fix. Those with the disc don’t have to worry about doing anything like this, as that should be running fine.
Source: Official Far Cry site