2K and Firaxis Games have announced today that the expansion pack for Civilization: Beyond Earth will be called Rising Tide, the pack is set to release Autumn 2015 on PC and will cost £19.99.
“Rising Tide builds upon the lore of Beyond Earth, breaking away the historical boundaries of the original franchise and furthering mankind’s search for a new home in outer space,” said Sid Meier, director of creative development at Firaxis Games. “Whether colonizing the planet’s oceans, acquiring new Affinities or meeting exotic new leaders, aliens and units for the first time, Rising Tide offers more ways for players to write their own stories on a new world.”
The new expansion is set to introduce players to new frontiers on the planet’s surface, giving players more choices as well as diplomatic options. The pack will feature new aquatic gameplay and will see players exploring the oceans for colonisation by extending the play space. There will be more dynamic choices and options thanks to an overhauled diplomacy system, meaning that there is more control when shaping the diplomatic landscape while engaging with the AI and one another.
Key features of Rising Tide include:
- Building floating settlements and accessing natural resources hidden beneath the seas of the alien planet, while alien beasts with unique abilities inhabit the water and challenge players in distinctive ways.
- Shaping the diplomatic landscape by upgrading traits, changing diplomatic relationships, and leveraging the benefits of your allies, all with political capital.
- Unlocking a dynamic set of Diplomatic Traits while activating different combinations in response to the changing world.
- Playing as one of four new factions, including the Al Falah, a group of nomad explorers descended from wealthy and resilient Middle Eastern states.
- Investing in multiple Affinities to unlock hybrid Affinity units and upgrades for the first time.
- Collecting and combining alien relics via a new Artifact System that unlocks powerful benefits.
- Exploring one of two new biomes, Primordial world, an untamed biome rife with volcanic activity and indicative of a chaotic landscape still forming in the new world.
Source: Press Release