For this episode of the podcast we welcome a new podcast guest in the form of George Osborn, who you may know from his time at Pocket Gamer. He’s been playing a lot of football games, mostly Pro Evolution Soccer 2016, FIFA 16 and Rocket League, and decided that a comparison between these titles was required. It was really interesting to hear his views on the state of this sporting genre, and he really nailed down the differences between the games.
Kev and Lewis were also on this episode, with Lewis talking about Armello, which sounds both weird and really intriguing. Kev broke away from games this week, instead talking about the recent Justice League: Gods and Monsters film. If you haven’t heard of this, it’s an animated movie set in an alternate DC universe where the Justice League characters have a much darker tone to them.
My contribution to the show this week was to relate tales of my time with Train Valley, a puzzle game with simple mechanics that lead to incredibly difficult gameplay, partly due to the way it mixes in elements of mass transport simulators.
Finally, we of course feature the week’s news and the answers to your questions.
- Please send us questions via email to podcasts[at]thesixthaxis.com.
- You can also tweet questions to @TSAPodcast.
This podcast features strong language, jokes in poor taste and adult themes, if you’re offended by that then we recommend that you don’t listen to it at all.
- As usual, you can grab the MP3 file here (right click to download).
- You might want to get it (when the RSS catches us) on the RSS feed, here.
- We’re on iTunes, when iTunes feels like updating. You can also leave us a review and subscribe there, if you want to be particularly lovely.
- We’ve launched ourselves on YouTube, with audio-only videos if that’s easier for you to access.
- Finally, the podcast now appears on Stitcher as well.
Get us on Twitter:
- Kris – @halbpro
- Kev – @kevatron400
- Lewis – @Lewis Gaston
- George Osborn – @George Osborn
- Podcast – @tsapodcast