Gearbox Software has detailed its plans for the content releases of Battleborn for the rest of the year, including the times each piece of content is expected to drop. Four more heroes are expected to join the roster for free, with Pendles coming July. There will be three more PVP maps, with one for each mode too, with a new PVP mode to launch in either autumn or winter. On the premium side of things the first story DLC, “Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion”, is set to launch in the summer. There will be five story based DLCs in total.
The entire plan is below.
Free DLC Content
- 4 more heroes, bringing the total to 30
- Pendles – coming soon in July
- Three more heroes to be revealed in late Summer through the Fall
- Three new PVP Maps in the next couple of weeks, one for each mode
- Broadcaster Mode coming hopefully next month
- Broadcaster mode will allow you to spectate the battlefield using a set of third-person camera controls to follow players on either team, jump to points of interest, or to move freely around the battlefield in Private Versus Matches.
- In-game Reporting, our goal is to include it in the next major patch update for July
- In the interest of making it easier to report players who are trying to ruin the fun for everyone, we’ve created an in-game reporting function that will be accessible through the scoreboard and allow you to flag players who are suspected of cheating, abandoning games, or ruining the overall experience.
- Matchmaking Adjustments: Ongoing
- We regularly adjust and tweak matchmaking parameters in order to keep improving the matchmaking process. In fact, we’ll be testing out an overhaul to the matchmaking system starting later this week.
- Hero Balancing: Ongoing
- As we gather data from matches and mission, we’ll continue to adjust and refine hero balance in the game. You can expect a bigger adjustment to 24 of the 26 characters likely coming in the next couple of weeks.
- Lore Challenges: Upcoming major patch
- We are working on adjustments to lore requirements as well as how those requirements are tracked.
- New PVP mode this Fall
- Another new PVP mode in late Fall or Winter
- Weekly hot fixes as well as regular updates and patches
Premium DLC Timeline:
- Pendles early access with hero key in mid-Summer
- Each DLC Story Operation release includes new, unlockable skins and taunts
- DLC 1 Story Operation “Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion” coming late Summer
- Heroes 28 – 30 early access, each with a hero key, coming mid-Summer through the Fall
- DLC 2 Story Operation around late Summer
- DLC 3 Story Operation coming early Fall
- DLC 4 Story Operation coming late Fall
- DLC 5 Story Operation coming this Winter
Gosh, I’d forgotten all about Battleborn.
Saw recently that this is at most £20 just about everywhere. Been tempted at that price…
It’s available even cheaper than that. Amazon pricing is up to all sorts of shenanigans though. £16 from someone in the US, so that could take ages. Little bit more for others, but then you need to add the postage.
Or you can get it for £20 from Amazon themselves so you get that free delivery. But it’s somehow a “exclusively for Prime members” thing.
So I’m going to go and buy some cake instead.