SEGA has released a new trailer for Team Sonic Racing today which goes into a little detail about the team mechanics that players will be able to employ, which will allow teammates to help each other out. These are the ways in which teams can help each other get to the finish line and take the races.
- Skimboost – Speed past allies to give them a speed boost.
- Slingshot – Drive behind a teammate’s slipstream to gain a speed boost.
- Rival Takedown – Attack a highlighted opponent and get a speed advantage.
- Item Box Transfer – Trade items with teammates.
- Team Ultimate – Use of Team Mechanics will fill the Team Ultimate meter, and when activated gives the whole team a boost.
Team Sonic Racing will be available this winter for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Switch.
Source: Press Release