While Battlefield V was a bit rough around the edges as we reviewed it over the past week and a half, DICE pushed out the day zero update last night, ahead of the Early Access launch for those tempted into buying the deluxe editions of the game.
On the whole, the fixes aren’t too major – the biggest in terms of gameplay is ensuring that servers remain balanced and that airplanes in the Airborne mode are more resistant to anti-air – but for PC players with a fancy new Nvidia RTX 2080, a combination of the October 2018 Windows 10 update being re-released with its support for DXR and this game update which will allow players to enable ray tracing for a bump in visual quality.
DICE note that this is a smaller update, focussed around stability, and there are still some known issues. Of course, more patches will be rolling out over the coming days and weeks to shore things up.
Here’s the patch notes:
- Fixed an issue that could result in a very uneven number of players at the start of a round.
- Made improvements to matchmaking with a full squad which should result in less disconnects.
- In some cases, the revive functionality would suddenly stop to function for all of the players on a server. This has now been fixed.
- Further improvements to game client stability have been made.
- In the Airborne game mode, spawn protection has been added when attackers spawn into planes. The planes are no longer as vulnerable to AA fire as they used to be at longer distances.
- Fixed an issue in Airborne where the bomb carriers could finish arming the objective even though they were dead.
- Players can no longer shoot down airplanes too quickly in Airborne, which could result in the attackers not being able to spawn.
- In War Stories, players are no longer able to collect Letters while playing offline due to them not being able to update the persistence counters, which requires an online connection.
- Fixed an issue where a weapon would disappear on the weapon selection screen.
- Fixed an issue in Frontlines mode on Devastation where the bomb in some rare cases spawned inside a wall.
- Fixed an issue which made the menus unusable when cancelling a matchmaking session.
- Fixed an issue with the lens sight alignment on the MP34 weapon.
Xbox One Only
- Improved how the game resumes when using the Xbox One Instant-On function.
- RTX ray tracing can now be enabled with graphics cards that support this function.