The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on Switch has been given a new update today bringing the title up to version 3.6. In this update, touch control support has been added alongside more graphical options and text languages. Visual bugs and crash fixes are also included. One of the other big changes is allowing players to import saves from Steam and GOG, though if there are mod bugs in those versions it is more than likely those bugs will end up in your Switch version of the game.
The full patch notes for The Witcher 3 update 3.6 are below.
- Added touch control support.
- Added save file integration with GOG, Steam and versions of the game for Switch from different regions.
- Added more text languages (in selected regions).
- Added more graphical options.
- Added multiple performance optimizations.
- Fixed various visual and functional bugs.
- Various gameplay and crash fixes.
- Mod-related bugs and blockers might get transferred from a modded PC game save file.
- If the save file name has been changed on PC, the Switch’s Cloud Save feature won’t be able to recognize it.
Thomas had a look at The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on Switch, and he wrote down what he thought:
While there are certainly a few tradeoffs that have been made in order to make The Witcher 3 run on the Switch, it’s hard not to be impressed. This is arguably one of the most comprehensive experiences to date on the Switch and one I still can’t believe actually works on the console. Though there’s a few caveats, The Witcher 3 on Switch is well worthy of your time, whether it’s is your first chance to play it or your twenty-third.
Source: CD Projekt RED