Merge Games and Antab Studios have revealed Foreclosed which is a comic book styled shooter that is set in a cyberpunk world. The game was announced this weekend and has been confirmed for PC, Switch, Xbox, and PlayStation platforms with a release in Q2 2021. According to the press release Foreclosed takes inspiration from Max Payne, Deus Ex, and Frank Miller’s Hard Boiled.
Foreclosed key features include:
- Slick Cyberpunk Action – Foreclosed blends a striking comic book aesthetic alongside high-octane, cyberpunk infused action gameplay.
- Hi-tech Combat – Modify your Symbiotic Pistol with an assortment of customisations including “Machine-Gun” mode and explosive rounds.
- Firmware Upgrades – Discover and unlock brain implant abilities with an RPG-like skill system
- Interactive Comic Book – Everything from gameplay to cinematics are experienced within the stylistic framework of a graphic novel to make you truly feel like a comic book hero.
- Original Story – Follow the story of Evan Kapnos, his identity recently Foreclosed, stripped of his job, brain implants and access to the city Blockchain. He must now escape the city before his identity and implants are auctioned off…
Players will be able to approach scenarios in different ways due to an extensive skill tree that unlocks different skills mixed with the various mods available for weapons. You may wondering what Foreclosed means in this context and it seems that in the world of Foreclosed can lose their very identity, and apparently this has been inspired by some experiences had by members in the Antab development team.
Source: Press Release