Well this is a surprise, Ghost of Tsushima is getting a multiplayer mode and it’s going to be free to all owners of the original game. The wording is quite specific so it I would gamble that it will also be available as a stand alone purchase. Let’s take a look at the gorgeous trailer.
Legends is a separate mode that features four new warriors rather than focusing on Jin and characters you have already met. It also adds a supernatural element wit locations and enemies inspired by Japanese folk tales and mythology. The four warriors each have a class, Samurai, Hunter, Ronin, or Assassin, each with their own abilities.
You can team up with up to four friends via party or grab some randoms via matchmaking an play Survival, a wave based mission with groups of enemies which have supernatural abilities. Also included is a series of two player co-op story missions that will require you to work closely with your partner, using techniques you mastered in the single player game ” but with new magical twists.”
“It’s been so rewarding to see the amazing reactions from all of you as you play through Ghost of Tsushima,” said Darren Bridges, Senior Game Designer at Sucker Punch Productions on the PlayStation Blog. “We’ve been watching so many of you stream your playthroughs, and can’t wait to open up this new way for all of us to play together! We’re happy to offer this mode completely free to Ghost of Tsushima owners as a thank you to our players, and we look forward to hearing what you think!”
- Ghost of Tsushima combat stance guide
- The real world history behind Ghost of Tsushima
- Is Ghost of Tsushima historically accurate? We ask a samurai expert
- Ghost of Tsushima trophy list
- Where to find the grappling hook in Ghost of Tsushima
- Ghost of Tsushima Samurai techniques upgrade guide
- Ghost of Tsushima Ghost techniques upgrade guide
- Ghost of Tsushima full Charms list
- Ghost of Tsushima collectibles guide – using the Traveler’s Attire