Hot on the heels of the PlayStation 5’s launch date and pricing announcement – 19th November and £449 / £359 here in the UK – pre-orders have already quickly started going live and are just as quickly going out of stock. Don’t worry though, while stocks will be limited, there are still some opportunities coming for you to pre-order in the UK.
Update 25/09 09:30AM – After promising fresh batch of pre-orders, these are going live today on 25th September. Please head over to our new page as we try to keep up with which retailers are releasing their stock and when.
Update 12:30PM 18/09 – It seems like all the best hopes for the first batch of pre-orders have been and gone, so we’re going to stop updating this post. At this time, the best shot is to register your interest or set up email notifications, as it’s likely that Sony will try to allocate further stock over the coming weeks and months.
PS5 Pre-Orders Out of Stock
- SimplyGames – This has now been confirmed to have occurred on Thursday afternoon for those that registered interest. However, you can still register your interest, with SimplyGames saying they’re hoping to have a second batch of pre-orders made available from Sony.
- Currys PC World – Pre-orders reopened at midday Stock is only for those that have signed up for email notifications and used the Queue-It system – link here if you want to try, but there’s an implausibly long queue so we’re marking this as OOS. You will require to pay a non-refundable £5 deposit.
- John Lewis – Went live at midday on Friday and went out of stock in less than 10 minutes.
- Box.co.uk – Went live at 10:30AM Friday – There’s a slim chance you might be able to get a digital console still, though the site is struggling and all console stock seems to be gone. Email confirmations will take up to two hours to appear for those that did order.
- Argos – We’re putting Argos in the Out of Stock pile again. Argos pre-orders seemed to be staggered out across the morning, with more becoming available if people were persistent and refreshed the page, but this has seemingly now dried up. While they’re working to secure more, note that full payment will be taken when you place your order.
- ShopTo – Pages for both versions of PS5 now show that they are out of stock.
- Amazon UK – Amazon UK’s PS5 pre-orders are ‘currently unavailable’, but Amazon’s email encouraged people to keep checking back through the day, but both standard and Digital Edition consoles have been listed and gone out of stock. Accessories will be made available through the day, and while the console may quickly go out of stock.
If and when Amazon pre-orders return, we heard some people struggled to reach the page on mobile and via their apps. Try Amazon via a desktop or laptop or by requesting the desktop site on your phone. However, Amazon do have DualSense controllers available.
- AO.com – Standard PS5 and PS5 Digital Editions are both now sold out.
- GAME – Pre-orders went up overnight and are seemingly now out of stock. Check here for any restocks. In-store pre-orders are live from 8AM today, so long as you put down a £10 deposit.
- Smyths Toys – Pre-orders went up overnight and are seemingly now out of stock for consoles. Some accessories are still available.
- Very – Very’s pre-orders are out of stock. If they return, then beware: Very takes payment at the time of order, not at the time of dispatch.
Upcoming PS5 Pre-Orders… Maybe?
- CoolShop – Has a page for the PS5 and lists some accessories and games for pre-order, but no consoles.
- Carphonewarehouse – Register your interest, nothing on sale.
It’s been a hectic 24 hours for PlayStation fans, with the build up to the PlayStation 5 showcase, the announcement of the console’s price and launch date, a bunch of new game announcements including Final Fantasy XVI,
We also discovered that Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West and Sackboy A Big Adventure are all to be cross-gen releases that come to PlayStation 4 as well as PlayStation 5. Meanwhile the PlayStation Plus Collection gives a free library of PS4 games for PS Plus subscribers on PS5.
Oh, and next-gen games from Sony are going to get more expensive… Bear that in mind when deciding which version of the PS5 you’re going to get!
More PlayStation 5 News:
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales is coming to PS4 as well as PS5 – Ultimate Edition bundles in a Spider-Man remaster on PS5
- Horizon Forbidden West and Sackboy A Big Adventure are also coming to PS4 with free upgrades to PS5
- PlayStation Plus Collection announced for PlayStation 5, a subscription service featuring PS4 games
- Demon Souls Remake confirmed as PS5 exclusive
- Oddworld Soulstorm PS5 gameplay
- God of War: Ragnarok announced for PS5!
- Resident Evil 8: Village has a new PS5 trailer
- First PS5 Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War footage revealed
- Hogwarts Legacy has finally been revealed, coming out in 2021
- Final Fantasy XVI announced for PS5