Well, that’s been quite the week for CD Projekt Red. The high of managing to launch Cyberpunk 2077 at the end of last week quickly disappeared, over the weekend that followed, as more and more people got to play their game on admittedly underpowered base consoles. Now (with one bizarre episode from sister company GOG.com), the game’s been delisted from the PlayStation Store, and both Sony and Microsoft are offering full refunds, while investors and staff alike seem to be questioning what on Earth has happened.
In the News This Week
- Cyberpunk 2077 removed from the PlayStation Store, full refunds available to those who purchased it
- Microsoft is now offering full Cyberpunk 2077 refunds until further notice
- CDPR grilled over Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 & Xbox One failings in emergency board call
- CD Projekt storefront GOG heel turns over release of Devotion, after “many messages from gamers”
- Control Ultimate Edition will be available from February on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S
- PS5 scalpers targeted as UK politicians call for new legislation
- Among Us is out now for Nintendo Switch, and it’s coming to Xbox consoles & Xbox Game Pass in 2021
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla sneaks in XP boost microtransaction
- Just Cause: Mobile announced, new console / PC game teased
We’ve got a cracking giveaway for you this week. We’ve got six copies of recent 2K Games games on PS4 – two of Mafia: Definitive Edition, two of Borderlands 3 and NBA 2K21 Standard Edition and NBA 2K21 Black Mamba Special Edition.
Head here to enter – You have until Tuesday!
Games in Review
As we race to the end of the year, there’s still plenty of games in our review queue that we’re working through.
- Haven – PS5, XSX|S, XBO, PC – 8/10
- Doom Eternal Switch Edition – NSW – 8/10
- Warhammer 40,000: Battle Sister – Quest – 7/10
- Batbarian: Testament of The Primordials – NSW, PC – 7/10
- Visage – PS4, XBO, PC – 7/10
- YesterMorrow – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 6/10
- WWE Undefeated – iOS, And – 6/10
- Empire of Sin – PS4, XBO, PC – 5/10
- Cyberpunk 2077 – PS4, XBO, Stadia, PC – Review in Progress
And we met all of that gaming goodness with
- AndaSeat Jungle Series Gaming Chair – 9/10
- LS15P Wireless Gaming Headset – 8/10
- Game & Watch Super Mario Bros. – 7/10
Game of the Year 2020
Our Game of the Year awards are now underway! Here’s all of the awards we’ve awarded so far:
With the Switch release of Among Us, I dove in and had a look at this first console port of the game. Meanwhile, Jim hopped into Katamari Damacy REROLL on PS4, which has him absolutely gagging for a new game.
The latest Smash character is upon us, and it’s Sephiroth! Reuben dove into his story to explain why he’s now the most powerful character in the SSBU roster.
And we round things out with What We Played, featuring Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, Call of Duty: Warzone and Yakuza: Like a Dragon!
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- Lt. Fatman has been enjoying Worms Rumble much more than he thought he would… right up until a wild Crazy_Del appeared and slapped him with a baseball bat!
- When not battering Lt. Fatman in Worms Rumble, Crazy_Del has been able to complete Assassin’s Creed Valhalla thanks to this week’s update.
- hornet1990 finished off the story of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, enjoying the game’s story, but hating the combat.
- And with another Star Wars game, ron_mcphatty finished the story of Star Wars Squadrons, having started over because he’d completely forgotten what was going on in the story.
- tactical20 got up to 99.2% completion in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, just in time to discover that the new update for Skater XL has broken the game.
- doomsday619 has been jumping between Cyberpunk 2077 (which has been crashing and bugging out on him), and Spider-Man Remastered to remind himself how great the game is.
And with all of that caught up on, I’ll let you crack on with your weekends! Have fun and hopefully you all have a smooth week in the run up to Christmas. It’s going to be a tricky one this year, but stay safe whatever you have planned.