Capcom have announced they are looking “for a closed beta test celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Resident Evil.” Now that sounds a little ambiguous but there is clues as to what this beta test is for. It’s really quite obvious one, the url for the test is “https://www.residentevil.com/village/us/topics/25th-cbt/“, which clearly has Village in it, the next Resident Evil game.
The beta test code is only for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, no next gen versions or PC, although if you have a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S then you can use the last gen version. There are some terms and conditions before you can sign up.
- 1. You have a CAPCOM ID.
- 2. Your CAPCOM ID is linked to the Resident Evil Ambassador program.
- 3. You are 18 years old or over.
- 4. You own supported hardware (PlayStation®4, PlayStation®4 Pro, and Xbox One)
Note: If you have a PlayStation®5, the PlayStation®4 version will be accessible, and if you have the Xbox Series X, the Xbox One version will be accessible.
To become a Resident Evil Ambassador you must also sign up to that program, which you can do here. “Resident Evil Ambassadors with a Silver rank or above will have a greater chance of being selected for the beta,” say Capcom, “Silver: x2 chance, Gold: x5 chance, Platinum: x10 chance.”
The first round of beta tester applications will end on January 20th, 9:59AM (EST) / 6:59AM (PST), with a second round finishing on January 25th, 9:59AM (EST) / 6:59AM (PST). The test is running at various times over a couple of days so you should be able to find a time to play.
- January 28, 2021 1AM – 8AM (EST) (Maintenance between 4-5AM)
- January 27, 2021 10PM – January 28, 5AM (PST) (Maintenance between 1-2AM)
- January 28, 2021 8PM – January 29, 3AM (EST) (Maintenance between 11PM-12AM)
- January 28, 2021 5PM – January 29, 12AM (PST) (Maintenance between 8-9PM)
- January 29, 2021 10AM – 5PM (EST)
- January 29, 2021 7AM – 2PM (PST)
- January 30, 2021 1AM – January 31, 1AM (EST)
- January 29, 2021 10PM – January 30, 10PM (PST)
For more information and to sign up, click here.