Another free update is coming out for Animal Crossing: New Horizons on 28th January, bringing with it a bunch of new content, including the annual Festivale celebration.
Festivale takes place on 15th January, with Pavé the peacock turning up and bringing a new challenge to take on and set of rewards for you to earn.
Pavé will be boogieing away at your island’s plaza come 15th January, and as with this event in previous games, will task you with running around the island and catching colourful features. You’ll need to try and collect different colour features, sending Pavé into a manic dance-powered fugue state (and rewarding you with a bunch of new items to collect, including sparkly dresses and outfits, and some new bits and bobs with which to decorate your island and home.
But what’s that? Another update is coming in March? And there’s a Super Mario mushroom and star on the title card? It would seem that Nintendo are bringing their Mario 35th anniversary celebrations into Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Nintendo have been celebrating this anniversary since September last year, launching Mario games and holding Mario-based events up until 31st March 2021.
It’s also worth remembering that March will mark the one year anniversary since Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ own launch, with the game having been a simply huge escapist hit for Nintendo and the Switch during the first few months of the Covid-19 lockdowns last spring. Nintendo could easily commemorate that success on 20th March, but we’ll have to wait and see what they have planned.
- Daisy Mae and the Stalk Market guide
- Change up your appearance and outfit
- How to use Amiibo with the Campsite & Photopia
- The 10 best new island names for Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- How to import custom clothes & art with NookLink QR Codes
- Nature Day and hedges guide
- Leif’s Garden Shop and how to plant shrubs and bushes
- Quick start guide to your new island life
- Bringing Isabelle to your island and upgrade the Resident Services Building
- Blathers and Museum opening guide
- How to help Gulliver find his communicator parts