Japanese video game publisher Capcom have announced that they will be hosting a Monster Hunter broadcast next week with news and updates on their power-selling franchise.
The digital event will be taking place on April 27th at 3pm BST/ 7am PT / 10am ET and available to watch via Twitch. Monster Hunter Rise will feature prominently during the livestream as Capcom dive into upcoming DLC which will be added to Rise as part of the free version 2.0 title update.
Monster Hunter Digital Event – April 2021 is coming up next week!
— Monster Hunter (@monsterhunter) April 23, 2021
This first major Monster Hunter Rise update will include new monsters as well as other bonus content. Capcom pointed out that players will need 0.9GB to download and install Monster Hunter Rise version 2.0. If you haven’t updated the game since launch, then expect a bigger sized download of 1.5GB.
Capcom have also confirmed that Monster Hunter Stories 2 will make an appearance during the event. Launching in less than a few months, the turn-based JRPG sequel is set to launch exclusively on Nintendo Switch on July 9th, 2021. Here’s a look at what’s included in the recently revealed collector’s edition, with an early preview of the Razewing Ratha amiibo figure.
Additional free content drops have been confirmed for Monster Hunter Rise in the coming months. Capcom have reported that the latest Monster Hunter game has already sold more than 5 million copies – no surprise considering the game’s physical stock had sold out in some regions.
Monster Hunter Rise is currently sitting on an OpenCritic average of 88, making it one of the best rated games of 2021 so far. In our review, we scored this latest entry in the series a whopping 9/10:
Monster Hunter Rise is an incredible game. While it may not feel quite as ground-breaking for the series as World did, it boasts a stronger and distinctly Japanese identity, and the changes and streamlined gameplay simply focus on the franchise’s true stars – the monsters. Rise is easily one of the best games for the Nintendo Switch, and one of the finest Monster Hunters ever.
- Monster Hunter Rise Review
- Monster Hunter Rise – top 10 tips & tricks
- Top 10 tips & tricks for Monster Hunter newcomers
- Monster Hunter Rise or World? Which game is better?
- Monster Hunter Rise – how to play with friends online
- How long is Monster Hunter Rise?
- Monster Hunter Rise – how to capture monsters
- Monster Hunter Rise – best weapon for beginners
- Monster Hunter Rise – should I kill or capture?
- Monster Hunter Rise – when to upgrade your armour
- Is Monster Hunter Rise open world?
- Is Monster Hunter Rise hard for beginners?
- Is Monster Hunter Rise coming to PS4 and Xbox?
- Monster Hunter Rise – Rhenoplos Egg location for side quest