The Invincible has its first teaser trailer and it was released today by developer Starward Industries. The Invincible was first revealed last year, and confirmed for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S. The game is based off the novel of the same name by Stanislaw Lem. This first teaser for The Invincible gives us the first real glimpse of the game as well as introducing the main characters who are Dr. Yasna and Astrogator Novik. Have a watch of the teaser below.
The Invincible is set in an alternate timeline where humanity has not discovered digital technology. Instead, advancement of analogue technology has allowed humans to journey the stars and travel to other planets. The planet in this game is Regis III and it turns out that the planet is not a great place to be. Dr Yasna’s main mission is to find the rest of her crew members but that will not be simple due to the dangers that roam the planet. Players will be relying on their equipment to solve the mystery of Regis III, as well as find a way to escape its pull. An interactive storyline will be updated regularly on The Invincible’s official site. The features of the game include:
- Retro-future atompunk setting reminiscent of the era of space race
- Analogue yet very advanced technology allowing for drones and autonomous robots to support or spoil your mission
- Immersive gameplay with a non-linear story shaped by your relationships, choices and persuasive skills
- Beautiful, state of the art graphics powered by Unreal Engine
- Intriguing story inspired by Stanislaw Lem’s seminal sci-fi cult classic of the same name
A full release date for The Invincible is yet to be confirmed, though Starward Industries is targeting a date at some point in 2022. As mentioned the game will be available for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
Source: Press Release