Fallout: New Vegas UK Collector’s Edition And Pre-Order Bonuses Detailed

All Roads lead to nuclear apocalypse.

Bethesda have announced that the poker-themed Fallout: New Vegas Collector’s Edition will be exclusive to GAME and Gamestation here in the UK.

The special edition will sell for £69.99 and will bundle a copy of the game, a set of “Lucky 7″ poker chips, a deck of cards adorned with New Vegas characters, a recreation of the game’s “Lucky 38″ platinum chip and a “Making of Fallout: New Vegas” DVD.

Also included is a graphic novel, entitled “All Roads”, which tells some of the backstory to the events of the game. The novel is written by Obsidian creative director Chris Avellone, and illustrated by Geof Darrow and Peter Doherty.

The company also revealed the pre-order bonus packs for GAME, Gamestation, Amazon and Play.com, each of which include armour, a weapon, and two pieces of equipment. Those who pre-order (either the regular or Collector’s Edition) at GAME will get a “classic pack” for use in-game, including an armoured Vault 13 suit, 10mm pistol, water canteen and five stimpaks. Gamestation are offering a “mercenary pack” containing light metal armour, a grenade rifle, three super stimpaks and three doctor bags with both editions.

Amazon have the “tribal pack” made up of raiding armour, a broad machete, ten throwing spears and five venom doses. Finally, pre-ordering at Play.com grants you a “caravan pack” including lightweight leather armour, a “caravan shotgun”, four repair kits and binoculars.

Fallout: New Vegas will be released October 22nd for PS3, 360 and PC.

Source: Press release

1. jonny_bolton
    Chooses The Impossible
    Since: Oct 2008

I got mine pre-ordered a couple of days ago. We had info of there being a collector’s edition but I only found out yesterday that it was the same as the US one.

Comment posted on 17/08/2010 at 13:21.
  2. moshi

Hmm choices choices

Comment posted on 17/08/2010 at 13:24.
  3. BIGAL-1992
    Since: Jan 2009

And as usual, over here in Ireland, I seem to find f**k all in terms of deals.

Comment posted on 17/08/2010 at 13:25.
    • PoorPaddy89

Can’t you import from GB?

Comment posted on 17/08/2010 at 13:25.
      • BIGAL-1992
        Since: Jan 2009

Yes, but the orders get delayed for some bizarre reason, just like the order I had for Crysis:maximun edition.

Comment posted on 17/08/2010 at 13:31.
  4. PoorPaddy89

Hmmm… I’d like the collector’s edition, but there’s about seven games coming out between now and the end of the year I’d like to get, not including ones that have already been released. Thankfully Christmas and a December birthday help cushion this, but I still gotta spend a lotta monies.

Comment posted on 17/08/2010 at 13:25.
    • philzy85

Ditto on the december birthday, 18th in fact :D

Comment posted on 17/08/2010 at 16:37.
  5. Severn2j

As much as I’d like the collectors edition, I’d rather spend the extra cash on the other games arriving around that time.. As for the pre-order bonuses, whats the point? A couple of hours into the game, you’ll most likely have found them anyway.

Comment posted on 17/08/2010 at 13:35.
    • moshi

I know what you mean but it looks so nice. Will it enhance the game no, will the cards be fun to look at for 5 mins yes , will it sit in the box forever after day 1 Definitely

Comment posted on 17/08/2010 at 13:38.
  6. Paranoimia

I really want this game, but I’m not pre-ordering. It uses the Fallout 3 engine, and I want to know if all the bugs have been fixed before I purchase, so I’ll wait for reviews and user opinions.

Fallout 3 took a long time, and so did the DLC – but it would have taken about a fifth less time if it hadn’t kept crashing and requiring system restarts. The DLC, particularly Operation Anchorage (massive slow-down) and Mothership Zeta (persistent crashing), were almost unplayable.

Comment posted on 17/08/2010 at 14:16.
    • Paranoimia

* a long to TO COMPLETE that should say.

Comment posted on 17/08/2010 at 14:18.
    • simplebob
      Since: Mar 2009

Exactly the same – I love the Fallout universe, and was a fan of Fallout 3 (I’m also a sucker for collectors editions) so very tempted by this, but issues with DLC on Fallout 3 of PS3 and also strange quirks in the PS3 version of Oblivion that where never ironed out have made me very wary of Bethesda related games.

Comment posted on 17/08/2010 at 15:20.
  7. philzy85

October is too far away, it should be August 22nd :P

Comment posted on 17/08/2010 at 16:36.
  8. Quinlank

Lame, where’s a new Vaultec bobblehead to go with my Fallout 3 LE one?

Comment posted on 17/08/2010 at 19:30.
  9. aerobes

Looking forward to this as much as anything this else towards christmas. Must try and refrain from the special edition, though it looks very cool.

Comment posted on 18/08/2010 at 09:32.