Ico And SOTC HD Will Be In 3D

Now with trailer.

So there we have it; not only has the Ico and SOTC re-releases been confirmed, but Sony has now announced that both games will be in glorious 3D.  No release date was mentioned – although we were told they would be “coming soon.”

Update: Sony has released the trailer which has been added to the article.

1. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

Apparently the collection will also be in widescreen (dah), and run at a steady 30FPS. It will have trophy support and up-scaled textures. (Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1121126p1.html)

Comment posted on 16/09/2010 at 09:32.
  2. Porcupine_I

can anyone tell me if these games are “hard” to finish? in my experience Japanese games are usually too hard for me, but i really really want to play them

Comment posted on 16/09/2010 at 12:19.
    • simplebob
      Since: Mar 2009

Seem to remember ICO being fairly straight forward to complete once you got your head round a couple of the less obvious puzzles. SotC however had me stumped at the ninth boss and I never got round to getting past it – think I may have to look at finishing it before last guardian arrives. Both are classic games, but not for everybody.

Comment posted on 16/09/2010 at 12:34.
      • x-revenance

ico wasn’t hard to finish. SoTC has a time attack mode after you finish it which was a little fustrating but never enough to make me want to throw my controller at the tv like other games.

Comment posted on 16/09/2010 at 12:37.
    • bunimomike

Neither games are hard to finish. For the most part, it’s very enjoyable to play even if I looked up a couple of “what do I do now?” moments. However, the games, as a whole, demand full attention for their beauty. Also, SOTC has one of the finest game endings in history. Play Ico first, then SOTC. It’s the law! :-)

Comment posted on 16/09/2010 at 14:18.
  3. DannyFantango

I’m happy Sony are making these collections for people that don’t have BC PS3’s.

I never owned a PS1 or 2 so it’s nice to be able to play the best games that I missed.

I’ll be getting this for sure, and the Sly Cooper collection!

Comment posted on 16/09/2010 at 16:24.
  4. Bladesteel
    Since: Sep 2008

Ouch. This is going to be expensive. With all the praise heaped on the originals I bet I’m going to want a new tv. When are 3dtvs going to drop in price anyway?

Comment posted on 16/09/2010 at 16:37.
    • DannyFantango

In a couple of years I imagine, get all the early adopters and people keeping up with the Smiths to pay for the development first.

Amazon has a 40inch Samsung 3D TV for about £800, and the 46 inch for about £1050 if memory serves; I don’t expect prices to drop from that very much within the next year.

Comment posted on 16/09/2010 at 18:58.
  5. Quinlank

I can understand Shadow needing to be running at 30fps, as it was a pretty technically demanding game(Seemingly the MOST technically demanding the PS2 ever saw by all accounts), but I can’t understand why they didn’t get ICO up to 60fps, it could easily be done I’d have thought. Possibly didn’t want too much disparity between the two in terms of performance?

Comment posted on 16/09/2010 at 19:34.