Fight Night Champion Demo Detailed

With a nifty new trailer.

We’ve known for quite a while that Fight Night Champion would be getting a demo, but we never knew exactly what all would be included.  We now have the answer thanks to a new trailer released by EA.  The video specifically flaunts what you’ll be able to do in the demo, and it turned out to be a little more expansive than I would’ve thought.

You’re going to be able to take four different fighters in to the ring – Mike Tyson, Muhammed Ali, Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto -  and go hands on with the new full spectrum punch control with a total of 6 different control configurations.  You’re also going to get a glimpse of the new stamina and locomotion physics, as well as online play via Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network.

The demo should be available in both Europe and North America on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in the next 48 hours.

Source: YouTube

1. liverpool82

was disappointed by round 4, will have try this before i buy i think

Comment posted on 01/02/2011 at 03:34.
  2. Samiro05

I think I’m going to enjoy playing this game as in a previous trailer the good old use of XO[]_^_ for fighting can be employed although I imagine you are at a disadvantage with the amount of moves that can be pulled off with them in comparison to using the analog sticks. I bought UFC Undisputed 2010 and it was excellent but after a while I realised the game was impossible for me to beat anyone who even hinted at a submission move and from then on I never played it – along with the fact I bought an american version and therefore couldn’t go online with the code on my EU account :(

Comment posted on 01/02/2011 at 06:18.
    • The Mysterious Phantom Bear
      Since: Jun 2010

I wouldn’t worry about going online with UFC2010. It’s an absolute bag of “unable to connect”.

I always preferred the analogue striking in Fight Night and EA MMA to the Tekken-style UFC games. Really looking forward to this demo.

Comment posted on 01/02/2011 at 07:46.
  3. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Gonna sit this one out after playing the last outing – Round 3 was the peak for EA with boxing up to press.

Comment posted on 01/02/2011 at 07:36.
    • The Mysterious Phantom Bear
      Since: Jun 2010

I have to say I found FNR4 superior to FNR3 simply due to the fact I could no longer rely on haymakers and had to adapt to defensive boxing a lot more.

Each to their own I guess.

Comment posted on 01/02/2011 at 07:51.
    • SpikeyMikey23

Im a round 3 fan. Love it, still play it now and then.

Comment posted on 01/02/2011 at 08:28.
  4. beeje13
    Since: Jan 2010

I bought FNR4 on release day (why, I don’t know) and couldn’t stop admiring the graphics, so i’ll probably just dribble a bit on the demo, which’ll cost me nothing!

Comment posted on 01/02/2011 at 22:05.