Journey Beta Gets Patched

Should fix the system freezes.

If you’re one of the few that have access to the Journey beta, you’ll be happy to know that a new patch has just been released. Version 2.02 should fix the freezing problems that occurred if you were signed into the PlayStation Network.

Upon further inspection, it appears that the right analog stick can now be used to rotate the camera. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a way to invert the Y-axis. For me, something like that is a deal breaker. My brain just doesn’t work right using “normal” camera controls.

Hopefully thatgamecompany adds support for inverted controls in the future. Until then, I’ll stick to using the SIXAXIS motion controls.

Update: If you’re in the beta, you can submit feedback using this link.

Source: thatgamecompany

1. tritium
    Since: May 2011

it is good we are getting betas now that actually have bugs in them as opposed to glorified demos

Comment posted on 30/06/2011 at 07:13.
  2. Foxhound
    Is a smart cookie.

Shows they are truly betas….

Comment posted on 30/06/2011 at 07:14.
  3. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

Does the Beta have MP? I’d be willing to give it another go with another TSA’ers to see if it’s decent with another person.

Comment posted on 30/06/2011 at 07:50.
    • Delriach

it does but you will only find a person randomly roaming. Not a friend specifically.

Comment posted on 30/06/2011 at 07:54.
  4. tonycawley
    Pint! Pint!

I can’t understand all the excitement over this “game”. Wandering around a desert with no voice chat and nothing to do sounds horrific to me.

Comment posted on 30/06/2011 at 07:53.
  5. hazelam

i think this is a good place to post a link to a youtube video of the beta i saw on n4g.

it looks amazing, i cannot wait to play it.
    if it looked any better i’d want to sleep with it, i think we’re just at the cuddling stage right now. ^_^

Comment posted on 30/06/2011 at 08:45.
    • tonycawley
      Pint! Pint!

I watched the video and I’ve got to say, it looks really boring. Don’t think I’d enjoy this at all, but then I suppose watching a video of flower wouldn’t do that any justice either, and I enjoyed that game. But this just isn’t doing anything for me whatsoever, I just don’t seem to get it.

Comment posted on 30/06/2011 at 08:56.
  6. BrainDiver
    Since: Feb 2011

Cannot wait ;) I do hope they add the option to invert the axis’ though, I’m also pretty set in my inverted ways.

Comment posted on 30/06/2011 at 10:31.