First Max Payne 3 Multiplayer Details Coming Tomorrow

Teases with first screenshot.

Rockstar games has officially announced that Max Payne 3 will be making its multiplayer debut tomorrow via IGN.

The blog post is fairly light on details, but assures fans that the fluid gunplay previously featured will make a direct transition into MP3′s online component.

For now feast your eyes on this first multiplayer image.

Source: Rockstar Blog

1. Forrest_01

Yeah, but the staple of Max Payne is the Bullet Time mechanic & i fail to see how that could be implemented into a multiplayer arena. :S

Other than that, it could end up being generic multiplayer #122234, but will wait to see what is announced at least.

I do wish some companies would realise that not everything needs multiplayer though.

Comment posted on 13/12/2011 at 17:55.
  2. nofi
    One for all.

That screen looks like everything I dislike about modern games.

Comment posted on 13/12/2011 at 18:28.
    • colmshan1990
      Since: Apr 2009

I can already hear some 10 year old screaming at me to suck my mother’s penis…

Comment posted on 13/12/2011 at 18:50.
      • Foxhound_Solid
        Is a smart cookie.

Lol.

Comment posted on 13/12/2011 at 23:20.
  3. Burgess_101

It looks a wee bit like Uncharted online but then again i guess every online 3rd person shooter does :P

Comment posted on 13/12/2011 at 19:27.
  4. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

MP3 looks absolutely awesome, but not sure how the multiplayer will work.

Comment posted on 13/12/2011 at 19:29.
  5. Sympozium

Nothing to get excited about really. All I care for is Starhawk to be honest.

Comment posted on 13/12/2011 at 20:54.
  6. jonny_bolton
    Chooses The Impossible
    Since: Oct 2008

Most unnecessary multiplayer ever?

Comment posted on 13/12/2011 at 22:16.
    • D-Nichol

Surely that award goes to Dead Space 2

Comment posted on 14/12/2011 at 01:08.
      • SH Number 7
        Since: May 2011

Assassin’s Creed?

Comment posted on 14/12/2011 at 10:44.
      • bacon_nuts
        Since: Mar 2011

what about Mass effect, that might turn out to be s**t…

Comment posted on 15/12/2011 at 01:21.
    • jonny_bolton
      Chooses The Impossible
      Since: Oct 2008

Both fine choices, though the AC multiplayer worked really well and was different from everything out there. This is just another 3rd person shooter.

Comment posted on 14/12/2011 at 19:48.
  7. aerobes

Could be a screen from one of a dozen games. If they’re bothering to do it (which in my opinion is wholly unnecessary) hopefully they’ll give it unique elements which might separate it from all the other ‘me too!’ multiplayer modes that this generations games seem to be shoehorning in.

Comment posted on 13/12/2011 at 22:55.
  8. Audigitty
    Since: Dec 2011

Hey… I think I may have figured out how to do Bullet Time in Max Payne 3 multiplayer.

Check it out:

You have quick, one on one duels… random generated, semi-close quarter areas. It is always one on one and that way the bullet time can be used as a tactical advantage if it is used properly.

So, what does everyone else in the game lobby do?

They watch.

Look at Mortal Kombat’s spectator mode, something like that would be awesome. The host of the MP room in MP3 could even go as to define the location of the shootouts, which could potentially define what the “spectator room” looks like.

Everyone gets to watch and see what the possible opponents do, do they like to dive over obstacles and activate bullet time? Do they like to activate bullet time and come around corners? Do they prefer to sneak up on you and then* activate it.

Camera controls, kill cams, a replay system/editor… we have enough run and gun games out there R* – make this one unique. One on One duels w/ spectator mode could theoretically allow for multiplayer bullet time!

Comment posted on 14/12/2011 at 02:16.
    • Forrest_01

No, I am pretty sure that would be pretty awful in a shooter.

It’s sometimes bad enough watching killcams, let alone someone elses game! I appreciate that you are trying to innovate, but I just don’t think that would work tbh.

Comment posted on 14/12/2011 at 09:12.
  9. McProley
    Since: Aug 2011

I think it will look and handle much like Uncharted. Which, i’ll still stand by my guns and say was completely unnessecary imo. It’s a shame R* have decided to add multiplayer to MP3 but its innevitable really as every developer feels the need to now. On the plus side, this is still one of the few games which my missus is looking forward to so and least i can get let off Eastenders duty to play it :P

Comment posted on 14/12/2011 at 06:49.
  10. R4U Eldave0
    andUandU

I’ll stick to the story mode thanks :)

Comment posted on 14/12/2011 at 09:19.