Welcome back TSAgents! It’s been a busy week on TSA with loads of news and reviews, but that’s just how we roll here at TSA Towers. And can you believe it but Vita is just 4 days away! Anyway, let’s get on with this weeks’ Community Roundup!
Last week we gave you the chance to get your hands on five codes for the PS Mini, Mecho Wars. All you had to do was come up with a new meaning for “TBS” (Turn Based Strategy). Three winners were chosen at random, while the best two entries were picked by us. Congratulations to all the winners, and you should now go and check out their suggestions!
Moving ever onwards, it’s time to take a peek at Meets and see what’s on the cards this week. Kicking things off today is Freezebug, who will once again be hosting the Driver: San Francisco meet, taking place at 2pm.
If you prefer rallying to taking to the streets of California, then we’ve got you covered with two DiRT 3 meets. First up is R1MJAW’s meet on Sunday at 6pm, whilst on Tuesday there’s a Meet at 8pm hosted by MadJunkBoy.
Skipping back a day to Monday, McProley will be hosting a Modern Warfare 3 Meet at 9pm, and then on Wednesday Death_in_Flamez hosts the weekly F1 Meet, taking place at 8pm. Last up, Teflon hosts the usual Uncharted 3 Meet at 7pm, although Teflon’s put the wrong time in there! [I am so fail – Tef]
Remember, you can set up your own meet provided you have at least 250 TSA Points.
There have been 12, yes 12, reviews published on TSA this week, so it would have been easy to miss out on one or two. That’s why I’m here; to give you the complete run down!
A lot of them were Vita game reviews, and if reading lots of in-depth reviews is too much for you on a Saturday morning there’s a handy roundup here, with just bite-sized reviews.
Anyway, let’s get things started with WipEout 2048, one of the handheld’s flagship titles, which received an impressive 8/10 from Alex. Sadly ModNation Racers didn’t live up to quite the same high standard, sitting at 5/10.
Meanwhile Dan had a look at Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom and reviewed Little Deviants, which earned a 7/10. Finishing up the Vita reviews, Peter examined Reality Fighters, Everybody’s Golf and lastly FIFA Football, giving them a 5, 7 and 8 out of 10 respectively. There’s also a preview on Unit 13 by Alex if anyone’s interested in the game, I certainly am after reading it.
Last, but by no means least, Dan reviews the pretty disappointing One Piece: Unlimited Cruise for the 3DS giving it just 3/10, while he gives one of Q1’s biggest titles, Final Fantasy XIII-2, a superb 9/10.
Right, let’s move onto the usual Community articles. You can introduce yourself to HoboCastro aka m61726b in this week’s Meet the Reader, or take a look at What We Played #40. Remember you can leave your views for this week’s WeView, Dead Island, or you can catch the Verdict for 3D Dot Game Heroes. Finally, Chris wants you all to watch Midnight Cowboy as part of TSA’s Streaming Movie Club. Remember it’s available via Netflix so if you’ve got no plans for tonight, you do now!
Let’s go check out the forums!
- Steven’s asking which is the best video game ending? (Beware of spoilers)
- Mickey wants to know if you have any embarrassing stories to share.
- Has your Vita order been processed yet? Had the money taken out of your account? Share your excitement here!
- And last but not least, Sympozium has found a new way to surf TSA.
Remember, you need to be logged into TSA to view General Chat. It’s not that painful to do, but lets us lock away the gibbering insanity a little bit.
Last week reigning showdown champ, Serah, took on Ezio Auditore da Firenze. It was an incredibly close battle, ending with a 8-7 victory to Ezio. This week I couldn’t come up with anybody, so Teflon kindly stepped in with details about Shank, which was released on PSN and XLBA last week.
Ezio Auditore da Firenze
- A Master Assassin, and Mentor of the Assassin Order.
- Speed and agility combine perfectly for free-running, whilst he is also deadly with a hidden blade.
- Has his own Brotherhood of Assassins that can be called upon.
- Only able to survive great falls if there is a cart of hay below – otherwise, Splat!
- Trouble seems to follow him, no matter which City he visits.
- Attracts men playing guitars and women begging him for money, often at the worse possible times.
- Ex-mob hitman (Read: Assassin).
- Very acrobatic.
- Dual knives, a chainsaw, and a pair of pistols… That’s just his starting load out!
- Totally vicious anti-hero. He’s really just a bad guy, were it not for that whole avenging murdered girlfriend thing.
- Absolutely zero stealth or guile.
- Everything is so extremely sepia. Except the blood, his bandana and red shirt.
And once again we reach the end. Remember to comment below with your votes for the Showdown, and I leave you in the capable hands of Steven for next week.[Once again this week’s post was put together by gazzagb, with a helping hand from me.]