Article written by teflon.
Published on 31/03/2012 at 10:00 AM.
Summer seems to have arrived early it seems, so perhaps switching to BST is a good idea after all? Anyway, letâ€™s hope this good weather continues, but right now itâ€™s time for the Community Round-Up!
Last week we gave you the chance to win a PS Vita as we had teamed up with the gang over at Tecmo Koei Europe. Congratulations are in order to Yahavage who will be receiving her new Vita shortly.
Weâ€™ve also got the chance for you to win Dungeon Hunter: Alliance for Vita, head on over to the article and answer the pretty easy questions to give yourself a chance on winning. Iâ€™d also like to remind you that this competition is open to everyone in the EU, so thereâ€™s no excuse not to enter!
I know that there are some new competitions in the works that a lot of you will be interested in, so keep your eyes peeled!
Taking a look at the TSA Meets section, letâ€™s see whatâ€™s happening this week on TSA.
And finally on Friday, Death_in_Flamez host the TSA PC Meet featuring Dawn of War: Dark Crusade.
Remember, you can create your very own meet provided you have at least 250 sparkly TSA Points.
Itâ€™s been a very quiet week review-wise on TSA this week, with Yogdogâ€™s guest review of Total War: Shogun 2 Fall of the SamuraiÂ giving it a well deserved 8/10. The other review that popped up this week was Aran’s look at Wrecked: Revenge Revisited, the PSN/XBLA title, which didn’t do too well in the hot seat, scoring just 4/10.
Friend of the site Duncan Aird brought us a preview of Max Payne 3â€™s Multiplayer, a game which sounds to be shaping up pretty nicely. Meanwhile Al went hands on with Ridge Race Unbounded, another game that seems worth keeping an eye on. Last but not least is Tuffcubâ€™s excellent preview of Assassin’s Creed III, a game which Iâ€™m really looking forward to.
We’ve had a good haul of blogs this week too. Sunday Thoughts this week saw Kris ruminating over bite-sized chunkiness and he also found time to think about what Angry Birds Space means for download gaming. Alex gave his thoughts on the Vita’s Homebrew Loader hacks, and also chatted about a surprisingly awesome revelation about Goldeneye on the N64, whilst Peter took a look at the latest PlayStation 4 rumours.
TSA will never lack in the usual high quality community articles, so letâ€™s take a look what weâ€™ve got from this week. Beginning with Meet the Reader, you can say hello to Shakugan. Gamoc celebrates his first anniversary of writing the Cheap PC Gaming feature with Jolly Rover, the point-and-click adventure game. For WeView this week, catch the verdict for Rayman Origins or leave your thoughts for Assassin’s Creed Revelations. Finally, we have What We Played‘s latest rendition and the TSA Podcast.
And now to the TSA Forums, a place not for the faint hearted due to the presence of Steven. Remember, you must be logged in to view General Chat!
- MadJunkBoy is in the mood for Eurovision this year.
- Aerobes asks what have been your pleasant surprises from games recently.
- Omac Brother is back and asking do graphics really matter?
- I Am Alive is being released next week on PSN, and Mickey wants to know whoâ€™s getting it.
- And lastly Yogdog eats his own words after playing Journey.
Last week, Sackboy wiped the floor with the Angry Bird, in a 12 – 0 whitewash. This week, I wanted to pitch a similarly sized opponent to Sackboy, and decided to go with Ratchet from the Ratchet and Clank series. He’s only little!
- Has hundreds of gadgets and inventions to help him out.
- Will have Steven Fry giving him tips throughout the fight.
- Customisable outfits mean camouflage is easy.
- Highly flammable, must be kept separate from light colours when washing, and canâ€™t be tumble dried.
- Just a little bit too floaty to control with absolute precision.
- A total rapscallion, when it comes to putting stickers and decorations on everything in sight! The number of times I woke up and found my face covered in giant wobbly ears.
- Ratchet is a Lombax, a sort-of feline creature and looks kinda cute!
- Has a vast armoury of futuristic weaponry.
- Also has other equipment such as Hoverboots at his disposal.
- His sidekick, Clank, seems pretty useless for 95% of the time.
- Those long ears can probably get caught in machinery quite often, and attract strange fetishists.Â
- Being the last of his race must make his love life a bit complicated. Oh, and the whole looming extinction thingy too, I guess.
Once again, thatâ€™s all for this week! Iâ€™ve finally broken up for Easter, so knowing my luck, it will rain constantly for the next three weeks! Anyway, donâ€™t forget to vote below in the comments and weâ€™ll see you next week! Bye!