WRC 3 Coming This October

Rally good news.

Hey rally fans, Milestone has confirmed that WRC 3, the official video game of the 2012 FIA World Rally Championship, is set for release in October 2012 on PS3, Xbox 360, Vita and PC.

The racer will use a completely new graphics and game engine, developed in-house, and features all the rallies in the 2012 WRC calendar, complete with all leading WRC teams and drivers in a revamped career mode.

As well as all this, the game has improved crowd effects, rebuilt stages and new cinematic introductions to each stage. It’ll also feature more than 50 official WRC teams, alongside Class 2 and Class 3 series, plus Super Special Stages.

1. Death_In_Flamez
    Since: Feb 2011

Problem here was the cars handled really badly. Why I prefer DiRT so much

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 15:52.
    • philzy85

WRC was awful, luckily I had already played DiRT and DiRT 2 first and also luckily I rented WRC instead of wasting my money on it :P

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 16:08.
  2. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

I always want to get this each year, but releasing it in the busiest quarter always means I end up saying I’ll get it later and I never do.
    Screens look great though, that new engine must be pretty good.

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 15:54.
  3. AshGraham99

Can’t really make much out from the pictures, but the 1st 2 games were no lookers! The handling was ok, fairly basic though. I’ll no doubt pick it up when it’s £15 after 2 weeks like every milestone game!

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 15:58.
  4. Tomhlord
    Team TSA: Writer
    Since: Apr 2009

While the previous WRC games improved upon Milestone’s racing engine, you could still tell, an all-new engine designed specifically for the WRC series should be a step forward, hopefully.

Whoop to a Vita version too!

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 16:04.
    • KeRaSh

Wow, I totally overlooked the bit about it coming to the Vita! Sounds great.

Comment posted on 03/04/2012 at 06:52.
  5. nofi
    One for all.

Rally game screenshots without cars?

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 16:04.
  6. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

Please be good, not had a decent (“proper”) rally game since Colin McRae 2.

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 16:09.
  7. TSBonyman

The visuals and handling are certainly the areas which could benefit from an overhaul. Let’s hope they get it right this time, we need a rally game worthy of this generation . Codies sadly don’t seem interested in a Rally sim so this is potentially the best chance we’ll have.

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 17:29.
    • cam the man

It’s a pity Codies games have got further and further away from rallying, when they were Colin McRae it was my fav games series.

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 18:00.
  8. cam the man

The stages in WRC2 were really good, the best in a PS3 rally game for ages. I didn’t find the handling too bad the graphics were shocking. Glad to see they are improving both.

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 18:04.
  9. Spotter5

Getting this! even though I haven’t got very far in the second one :/ I’m very bad with game completion.

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 19:06.
  10. JesseDeya
    Since: Jan 2010

Hmm, improved graphics AND a Vita version… if the do a double discount (ala MLB 12) and cloud saves I might be interested this time around!

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 19:22.