Next Call of Duty To Be Revealed on May 1st

Also featured: A wonderful blurry teaser picture.

The world reveal for the next Call of Duty game will be on May 1st during the basketball playoffs on TNT. The official site has started the countdown, as well as putting up a number of boxes on the screen. These boxes will reveal images as the week goes on, with the first one already on display.

If anyone wants to have a squint and see what on earth it is then be my guest. It’s far too early for me to partake in such shenanigans.

Source: CallofDuty.com

Read more:
  1. Bilbo_bobbins

I can see teams with Spud Guns…

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 10:18.
  2. stage1
    Since: Feb 2012

I can just about… make out… a new engine!
    Wait… no

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 10:27.
  3. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

Think they will have to up their game in order to win back some COD fans due to MW3. Why bother teasing the announcement date? Everyone knows a new COD will happen every year. Just confirm it and release some trailers at a random date.

Think COD needs Aliens, Dragons, Metal Gears, SpaceShips, and fish.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 10:43.
    • Bilbo_bobbins

really, I thought MW3 was one of the better CODs, and I don’t really rate the games either.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 15:29.
  4. Spotter5

I see daddy bird leaving a baby bird al alone :(

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 10:47.
  5. Zephyre

Great, another one to buy on launch day for £25, complete the single player in a couple of days and then sell for a profit.

Or will the supermarkets work out this kind of loss leader is a waste of time?

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 10:57.
    • Muskyy
      Since: Dec 2011

I would love to know where you get your games, every year i pay £40 for CoD.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 11:17.
      • Forrest_01

In fairness, the only supermarket deal i have ever seen on CoD was for MW2. Which was 2 years ago.

I don’t recall them doing anything for Blops or MW3 tbh.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 11:52.
      • Zephyre

Tescos always do them cheap. Definately picked up MW3 for £25 on release, but I think you had to buy a £25 PSN card at the same time. Pretty sure Bops was the same and MW2 was straight £25.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 13:00.
      • Forrest_01

Ah, yes – You are right.

I only see that as a deal though if you actually need the PSN credit – If you don’t (which for example, i don’t), you have basically paid them more for it.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 14:46.
  6. duke
    Since: Apr 2011

I’d LIKE to see a more than 10 hours single player campaign

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 11:12.
  7. Boomshanks

I see a pirate with an expression like this O.O and a long, blonde beard with a giant wave to his right.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 12:57.
  8. aphex187
    Since: Mar 2010

Oh yes n1! release date already for this dated game yet PC users haven’t even had one bit of MW3 DLC!!! Total disgrace the way they have treat their PC fans.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 13:40.
  9. CarBoyCam
    Since: Sep 2009

Still happy with Battlefield 3. :P But seriously, I hope they have some new innovations for this and that it’s not just another £40-£50 Map and Texture pack…

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 15:57.
  10. Rocket_345

I see some-one with a gas mask and a wierd camera on his shoulder. Seriously though we all knew it was coming. This image should of been shown with no clue given to the title.

Comment posted on 23/04/2012 at 19:15.