Cage 'Unhappy' With Heavy Rain

It ruins his perfectly styled hair,.

David Cage is “pretty much unhappy” with Heavy Rain, apparently, suggesting his team “could have done a better job in all areas, and have better rendering, and better visuals, and better gameplay, and better everything.”

That’s the headline news that every other site is using out of the way, so let’s skip to the introduction of Cage’s interview on Gamasutra where they mention Kara.

“At GDC this year, the developer showed off a tech demo that may or may not represent the studio’s next game,” say Gamasutra.┬áCage has, in the past, made it very clear Kara is a tech demo, it is┬ástated as such at the start of the video – so what’s up with the ambiguous wording…?

Odd.

Source: Gamasutra

1. PoorPaddy89

I bloody love this video. I don’t even care if it is made into a game or not; it’s brilliant as a standalone short film.

Comment posted on 31/05/2012 at 09:45.
    • jikomanzoku
      Since: Jan 2010

Agreed, though it would benefit immensely from a redub, getting rid of the god awful actor who makes keanu sound positively shakespearian. Get someone else reading his lines and they’d be fine, but there are points were he makes me cringe and that detracts from the impact.

Comment posted on 31/05/2012 at 12:32.
  2. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

I agree with Cage, his vision was astounding but for me HR never lived up to it. I thought I’d be able to hand my Dad my move sticks & he’d be blown away by a new dawn in gaming, but all it seemed to me was an involving story with choices or at least an illusion of choice, a sometimes awkward control scheme & too many glitches.

Hope next time out they get much closer to their vision & that really could be a new dawn for gaming.

Comment posted on 31/05/2012 at 10:20.
  3. TSBonyman

HR was one of the landmark games this gen for me, looking forward to seeing what Infraworld is all about..

Comment posted on 31/05/2012 at 10:23.
  4. Gamoc

The ending completely ruined Heavy Rain for me.

Comment posted on 31/05/2012 at 10:27.
    • bmg_123
      Since: Feb 2012

Same, the quick cuts between characters was quite jarring and it all wrapped up far too quickly. Not to mention the cheesy dialogue between Madison and Ethan and Shaun, depending on how you got through the story…

Comment posted on 31/05/2012 at 10:44.
  5. JBoo
    Banned
    Since: Oct 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 31/05/2012 at 10:30.
  6. Mickey2010
    Since: Jan 2010

I loved Heavy Rain one of the best experiances i have had in gaming! you felt connected to the characters

Comment posted on 31/05/2012 at 10:45.
  7. SH Number 7/Mini-Lipscombe
    Since: May 2011

Admittedly I didn’t play too far into the game, only got past the characters being introduced, but I just didn’t find the game to be fun, Nor that ground breaking. I just didn’t see what was special about it, maybe I stopped playing too early.

Comment posted on 31/05/2012 at 11:02.
  8. Krugsy

I actually loved the game. Didn’t think it was perfect, but thoroughly enjoyed the ride it took me on. The voice acting was pretty atrocious though, REALLY hope that is an area they fix up, especially seeing as Quantic Dream is heavily story driven.

Comment posted on 31/05/2012 at 11:36.
    • MayContainEvil
      Since: Feb 2011

I agree with this completely :)

Heavy Rain was still something quite special but I’m hoping the next game is a little more polished.

Comment posted on 31/05/2012 at 14:55.
  9. Jakster123x
    Since: Aug 2011

I thought the game was great other than parts of the awkward control scheme.

Comment posted on 31/05/2012 at 12:07.
  10. jikomanzoku
    Since: Jan 2010

Get a decent script writer next time Mr Cage, oh and some actual actors. I liked HR but it was not a sufficient improvement over fahrenheit to warrant the hype for me. Still, it’s a richer marketplace for the presence of this sort of thing.

Comment posted on 31/05/2012 at 12:35.