Batman: Arkham City For December's PlayStation Plus Update

PlayStation Plus just keeps on growing, with the latest Batman added to LIMBO and Vanquish.

It looks like Batman: Arkham City is coming to PlayStation Plus next month, with the December update apparently landing on the 5th.

The news comes from – of all places – Hot UK Deals, via this Italian site – but it seems genuine enough to us, and confirms (if you will) our earlier story that LIMBO and Vanquish will be added to the service as part of the Instant Game Collection.

Other goodies highlighted by the post suggest a 20% discount on Ace Combat Assault Horizon, a 10% discount on F1 Race Stars, a 20% discount on Sorcery and a 20% discount on Tekken Tag Tournament 2, if the list is to be believed.

By all accounts Arkham City is a great game, so hopefully this turns out to be true. Obviously this is European news, no word on whether SCEA have secured the same title.

PS Vita titles to be confirmed.

1. McProley
    Since: Aug 2011

Awesome, I’ll look forward to playing this over christmas at work. Can’t wait to see what Vita goodies we get.

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 09:21.
    • Youles
      Since: Feb 2011

I’m actually relieved when it’s a game I don’t want to play, since I have a huge backlog of games I chose to buy! Luckily PS+ is worth the money for the discounts and cloud saves alone! That said Vita might be great for PS+ for me, as I haven’t actually bought many games for it of late.
      Did you borrow (and finish) the first game from SwedishRyan?

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 10:33.
  2. matthangzhou
    Since: Sep 2010

Great game. Hope the dlc is cheaper with the update. I’m pretty sure sorcery and maybe tekken are already 20% off

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 09:22.
    • doomsday619
      Since: Nov 2008

Yeah i saw Sorcery with the plus discount last week.

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 09:51.
  3. DirtyHabit

Blimey. Hope this is true. Quite enjoyed A/City. Plus thats another 3D game in the collection :)

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 09:37.
  4. Takyu
    Since: Aug 2012

Holy awesome offers Batman! If this is true I will be very happy, I’ve been waiting to pick up the GOTY edition, but this and ideally some cheaper DLC is just the ticket!

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 09:41.
  5. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

PS+ is unreal.

I’m struggling to see what Sony get out of it at this stage though, unless they enjoy me having too many games to play.

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 10:12.
    • cc_star
      Team TSA: Writer

Surely its becoming a loss leader for them with that many people to pay from a relatively small amount of money.

Perhaps Sony want to get people used to paying for software as a service, because/ 1 day that how almost all games could be delivered… Imagine Gran Turismo, Uncharted & Killzone multiplayers being a PS+ service…
      Plus there’s Gaikai to consider & how Sony want to introduce that service to users & monetise that $380m purchase, keep in mind they’re still raising money to pay for its buyout… Will it be a way to get PS3 games on a PS4, or PS4 games on a Vita? Who knows, but I’m sure Sony need people to be paying them annual/monthly fees over the mid&long term.

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 10:50.
      • Dummy01
        Since: Oct 2008

I think the loss is nothing or almost nothing.

When you individually can buy a new disc copy of Vanquish for example, for 10 right now, how much money you think Sony will pay per copy when buying instantly more than 1000000 virtual copies for all PS+ users?

The offer is great for us but it is games that are “out of fashion”, meaning almost dead in the market. And when one of your products is dead it is a great deal to grab some extra money. Not to mention the advertisement to titles like for example DarkSiders where I think it greatly increased the sales of its sequel.

Comment posted on 29/11/2012 at 08:40.
  6. BrendanCalls
    Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc - YOHIMBÉ!!!

Aww! it was only a matter of time before there was a game I already owned. ;-)
    Although, a good discount on DLC might just entice me to spend a few of my christmas dollars for some further enjoyment

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 10:17.
  7. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

PS+ had become a better feature than expected. Now what they should do is remote play all plus games with the vita that would even make it plausible

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 10:42.
  8. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

Blast! I’ve already bought it, and not really got very far. I also have Limbo, so it’s just Vanquish for me…

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 10:49.
    • Forrest_01

I’m kind of in the same boat as it goes – I have Arkham City & Vanquish.

Still, i have wanted to play Limbo for a while now, so may still be a good time to use my free trial.

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 11:05.
      • DirtyHabit

Limbo is awesome.

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 11:22.
  9. dave87fez
    Since: May 2011

Not played either of these three games and was never much intereswted in doing so, but I find the beauty of Plus is playing, and finding that you grow to love, new games you never would have played.

I love playing Motorstorm Apocalypse now on the PS3, and am enjoying Gravity Rush on the Vita. And although I know that none of this is technically free, the annual £40 fee is almost immediately forgotten and it actually all FEELS free!

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 11:24.
  10. Bambo_19
    Since: Dec 2011

Arkham City is easily one of the best games I have ever made. I hope they keep making them because it has become one of my favourite franchises. If you can call it that! Also more ps+ for vita please !!

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 11:42.
    • Forrest_01

You made Arkham City?? Kudos! :D

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 12:11.
      • blackredyellow
        Since: Mar 2009

Haha, made me chuckle!

But well done to Sony for this. Looking forward to re-playing this :D

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 19:22.