GTA: Vice City Coming To PSN Next Week

I wanna rock...

It’s been a couple months since Vice City was released on iOS and Android in its Anniversary edition, but while GTAIII and San Andreas are available on PSN, Vice City was still missing.

That’s all changing now, with news from Rockstar that the game will be available next week on the Store (Tuesday in the US, Wednesday in the UK/EU) for $9.99/€9.99/£7.99.

There’s no reason given by Rockstar for the delay, but previous rumblings suggested that there was some issues surrounding a Michael Jackson song on the game’s soundtrack. Whilst this could simply be removed and replaced in the mobile re-releases, it obviously wasn’t worth Rockstar opening up the old PS2 code to make adjustments. Presumably, with this release news, those issues have now been resolved – ie: Rockstar paid out.

There’s also a note in the announcement post that more classic Rockstar titles “will be arriving on PSN “in the weeks and months ahead”.

Source: Rockstar

1. Eldur
    Since: Nov 2012

No Vita support. Again.

If it can run on an effing 4″ x 2″ iPhone it can run on my Vita.

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 16:33.
    • GregHorrorShow

Snap! :o)

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 16:34.
      • Eldur
        Since: Nov 2012

Ooo. That freaks me out.

Like Halloween.

I’ve got no doubt.

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 16:44.
    • jimmy-google

Are there any PS2 classics available on the Vita? Don’t think so, no surprise this isn’t either.

I guess, once Sony have finished sorting out the PS1 compatibility then they’ll look at PS2.

Probably easy for Rockstar to port the android version than get the PS2 one emulated. They’d get more sales if they got a proper re-release with trophies for both Vita and PS3.

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 17:13.
  2. GregHorrorShow

Wish they’d found a way to get these onto Vita – would’ve been awesome.

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 16:33.
  3. Kivi95
    Since: Oct 2009

Good that they have a normal ps2 classic price this time.

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 16:35.
  4. jeccross
    Since: Feb 2012

Time for a GTA Legends release on Vita? IF they bundle 3, Vice City and SA together they could charge £20.

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 16:43.
  5. leeroye
    Since: May 2012

Id pick up San Andreas and Vice city if i could play them on my VITA, no interest in playing them on PS3 though

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 16:47.
    • SpikeyMikey23

This! Give me a reason to turn my Vita on! (personal opinion)

Although I did receive Lego LOTR’s which is quite enjoyable

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 16:58.
    • Eldur
      Since: Nov 2012

Exactly. I think this line of logic is has been sorely overlooked by both Sony and 3rd party publishers.

Instead of marketing the Vita as a PS3 in your pocket and then failing to support that premise with a limited dripfeed of truly next gen titles, call it a PS2 in your pocket and give gamers access to one of the richest, most vibrant back catalogues in videogame history.

Missed Okami?! Now you don’t have to. Pining for some bizarrely wooden fisticuffs from one of the most bonkers Japanese devs out there? Try Godhand! Ever wondered what JRPGs were like before Square started cynical milking their latest fop-haired androgynite until it was just a crackling husk of meaningless numbers? Here’s Dragon Quest VIII!

I’d be more than happy to have a PS2 in my pocket with thousands of games available to download, than I am to own a near PS3 level device that is constantly sidelined by an apathetic industry…

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 17:04.
      • Dany2Step
        Since: Aug 2010

Give this guy a weekly! Well articulated my man.

Comment posted on 25/01/2013 at 20:48.
  6. Forrest_01

Oh Rockstar, if only you had taken the time to do a proper HD remaster, you would be rolling in billions right now.

As it is, i won’t be bothering. Too much other stuff to be playing to start another game that i have already played to death for no real purpose other than to play it.

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 17:35.
  7. blackredyellow
    Since: Mar 2009

A proper HD makeover, with trophies. That’s all we want!

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 17:58.
  8. YOURMUMANDME
    Since: Oct 2008

“Smoking guns, hot to the touch. They would coold down if weren’t fired so much…..whooooaah….”

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 18:30.
    • OnlineAssassin77
      Since: Jun 2012

We’re soul alone and soul really matters to me…

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 20:57.
  9. stueeeee

I didn’t buy the iPhone version yet, because there wasn’t any GC support. But is suppose if there was achievements then they could easily throw in some trophies….

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 18:57.
  10. Ricey88
    Since: Oct 2010

I Dont see the point of this. With No HD version and No Trophies that No Point. I might as well put in my original version i have on disc.

Comment posted on 24/01/2013 at 19:02.