Article written by Alex C.
Published on 06/03/2013 at 06:15 AM.
Dishonored (9/10) took home the Best Game award last night at the ninth gaming-focused BAFTAs. Whilst widely nominated, the sprawling role player didn’t manage to grab anything else, instead the majority of the awards went to the likes of thatgamecompany’s sublime Journey.
The new category this year, Best British Game, went to the wonderful iOS puzzler The Room, with ‘indie’ titles grabbing awards all over the place including the Award For Game Innovation and Best Debut Game (both The Unfinished Swan) and Best Performer for Danny Wallace, who voiced (among other titles) the coming-to-PlayStation Thomas Was Alone.
New Star Soccer, another mobile game, took the Best Sports/Fitness Game, showing that it’s possible to create something huge with a small team if you’re dedicated enough.
Journey bagged the Artistic Achievement Award, Award for Audio Achievement, Best Online Multiplayer Game, Best Original Music and the Award for Game Design, showing that the PlayStation 3 exclusive continues to define the very best of 2012′s gaming.
The full list of winners is below:
- Best Game: Dishonored
- Best British Game: The Room
- Best Debut Game: The Unfinished Swan
- Award for Best Action: Far Cry 3
- Award for Game Innovation: The Unfinished Swan
- Artistic Achievement Award: Journey
- Best Mobile and Handheld Game: The Walking Dead
- Award for Audio Achievement: Journey
- Best Online Browser Game: Songpop
- Best Online Multiplayer Game: Journey
- Bafta Ones to Watch Award: Starcrossed
- Best Original Music: Journey
- Best Performer: Danny Wallace
- Best Sports/Fitness Game: New Star Soccer
- Best Story: The Walking Dead
- Best Family Game: LEGO Batman 2
- Award for Game Design: Journey
- Best Strategy Game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Bafta Fellowship: Gabe Newell