News Snatch: ASDA Hearts HMV, Star Wars: First Assault And Extended Toilet Scenes

Download Mass Effect 3: Citadel soundtrack for free.

WRC Powerslide is scheduled for its debut on PSN and XBLA this week and yet I’ve never heard of it, which probably means you have not either. Looks quite good doesn’t it, WRC mashed up with Micro Machines and powers ups not-at-all lifted from Blur.

It’s developed by Milestone who are behind the recent WRC 3 game and the immensely fun MUD motocross title, check out my thoughts on both titles here.

By the way, I noticed that the extra courses for WRC 3 on Vita are on the PS Store for precisely zero pence, no idea how long they have been there but I had a quick race round last night and they’re well worth a download if you own the game.

Nintendo owners must be feeling rather depressed due to the lack of games for their consoles so I thought I would do a special hunt round for some Wii U news today and this was the best I could find:

Mario will not appear in the New Super Luigi U DLC pack.

According to The Sun, Danni was thrilled to discover that Prince Charles had read her views on modern buildings. “Architecture’s place in the metropolitan sprawl is a fascinating topic. I’m a deconstructivist at heart and Frank Gehry’s design of the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao is a triumph. There’s something about curves we all love.”

Wait. That’s News in Briefs. Wrong page, hang on… business section that’s what we wanted, let’s start again.

According to The Sun ASDA are in talks to buy out the remaining HMV stores, a source said: “Asda has been looking at HMV and it’s not about taking on a few stores to convert into supermarkets. They’ve been looking at taking on the brand – the business.”

Bless you my child!

I found an old ESRB Smut Watch hidden down the back of the TSA Sofa the other day so thought I would have a nose round their site and discovered Deadpool has been rated.

It contains “Mature humour” including “an extended toilet scene and the pumping up of an inflatable doll. During the course of the game, the protagonist is briefly shown reaching for and groping a woman’s breasts; in another, he is depicted grabbing an inflatable doll’s breast while in a hot tub.”

Doesn’t sound very mature to me.

Bloke employed by game developer to voice game character unsurprisingly wants to earn more money by getting another job news: Dred Foxx, the voice of PaRappa the Rapper has a started petition for a third game in the series, to lend your support head on over to Facebook.

Star Wars: First Assault was leaked back in October and according to sources who have spoken to Kotaku it was meant to be out this spring.

Since Disney took ownership of Lucasarts the future of the project has become uncertain and the source says “Fans should tell Disney/Lucas loud and clear they don’t want shitty titles from random developers; they want games to be taken seriously, and they will only pay for quality.”

The source then says that First Assault would be used as base code for the very-much-in-demand Star Wars Battlefront 3.

There does seem to be a whiff of “Oh god we’re going to lose our jobs, quick leak the game” about the whole thing, which is fair enough, but if that is the case I would have preferred a bit of honesty rather than the fan-baiting you’re not getting Battlefront 3 unless this is released schtick.

The Mass Effect 3: Citadel soundtrack is available to download for free via the Bioware Social Network. Click here for further details.

Is this a world record? Scott Pilgram vs. The World: The Game will be bestowed some fresh DLC tomorrow, two years and five months after the game was launched. The pack adds a new character, Wallace Wells, and also patches in online multi-player.

1. kjkg
    Since: Apr 2010

Ha Smut Watch. I forgot all about that. And yeh, you are bang on. I thought Toilet jokes were the complete opposite of “Mature Humour”?

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 12:12.
  2. KeRaSh

I’ve read about the WRC Powerslide thing a few days ago and it looks pretty neat. It also reminded me that I wanted to get WRC 3…

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 12:17.
    • OnlineAssassin77
      Since: Jun 2012

I’ve gone back to and been playing WRC 3 this past week and now its on sale on the Playstation store for £20.69 with plus discount in the section called The Nations Favourite Games. This is on the UK store and might be different and probably will be from other Playstation stores around the globe.

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 14:16.
      • OnlineAssassin77
        Since: Jun 2012

Without plus its still only £22.99.

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 14:18.
  3. tonyyeb
    Since: Aug 2010

Thought TSA might have picked on this news story about the Vita 3G being discounted with the rumour that it might be discontinued: http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/11/ps-vita-3g-199-price-drop/

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 12:28.
    • kjkg
      Since: Apr 2010

Quite a quick discontinue if true. I’ve got the WiFi model, never felt like I’m missing out with not having 3G.

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 12:30.
      • tonyyeb
        Since: Aug 2010

Yeah obviously that is just rumour. And of course minutes after I post TSA publish the article! Great timing lol!

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 12:34.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

That’s a big story and will be covered elsewhere.

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 13:03.
      • PS3RULEZ890
        Since: Oct 2012

Deadpool the game will have immature humor but Tuffclub the game will feature extreme WFT humor and will be banned in 90% of all regions for it’s very questionable content.

A day buy for the citizens of Rhyl if you ask me.

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 17:54.
      • The Lone Steven
        Never heard of him.

Who’s Tuffclub? Is he Tuffcub’s boring cousin? Tuffcub’s alter ego? Tuffcub’s rubbish superhero name? 0-0

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 18:51.
  4. TSBonyman

The free tracks for WRC were added last week, apparently they were available in a few regions already and then seemingly delayed or forgotten about. I joined a few others in contacting milestone a few weeks ago but by that time they were already aware and were hoping to resolve it by end of Feb.. It took a week longer but it’s an excellent expansion, providing three new six-stage rallys., bringing the total of locations and rallys to nine for a full championship – Eat that Dirt3! ;)
    WRC Powerslide looks great – apart from the power-ups, hopefully there’s a ‘no power-up’ mode.

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 12:38.
  5. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

The nearest HMV for me is in Folkestone and that is literally next door to ASDA. So would it be two ASDAs? As that would be a bad decision to make. Just ask Game as they used to spam their stores everywhere. :O

I thought Father Tuffcub had been arrested for various counts of erm… you know.. ;) Deadpool seems to be aiming for immature humour. I really really hope that we won’t have to watch him insert his sword in a blow up doll.

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 12:39.
  6. hazelam

the Scott Pilgrim dlc is finally getting released? O_O

i was beginning to wonder if it would ever come out.

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 14:50.
  7. transbaconist (formerly bacon_nuts)
    Since: Mar 2011

Deadpool sounds awful. I will be avoiding it like I do the comics and await a good Spider-Man game patiently.

WRC game could be fun though…

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 17:17.
  8. XisTG

As much as I love Scott Pilgrim, I’m pretty sure that if I buy that DLC there will only be like a handfull of guys playing it online.

Comment posted on 12/03/2013 at 17:29.