PS4 UK Digital Game Sizes And Prices Confirmed

Big prices.

The PlayStation Store has finally gone live on PS4 in the UK, so we’ve been able to check and confirm the exact file size and pricing of each digital game that’s on there so far, from the rather small Resogun to the huge Killzone: Shadow Fall.

UPDATE: We’ve updated the list with new EA prices and PS Plus discounts.

• Killzone Shadow Fall: 38.2GB – £52.99
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts: 31.8GB – £54.99
  • FIFA 14: 9.9GB – £59.99 was £62.99
  • Battlefield 4: 36.4GB – £59.99 was £62.99
  • Need for Speed Rivals 16GB – £59.99 was £62.99
  • Knack 34.8GB – £52.99
  • Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag: 21.7GB – £57.99
  • Resogun: 460MB – £12.79 (Free with PS+)
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: 6.4GB – £52.99
  • NBA Live 14: 9.3GB – £62.99
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition: 21.7GB – £52.99
  • Just Dance 2014:  22GB – £42.99
  • Contrast: 2.3GB – £12.79 (Free with PS+)
  • Super Motherload: 393MB – £11.99 (£10.79 with PS+)
  • Trine 2: Complete Story: 2.6GB – £14.49 (£11.59 with PS+)
  • Putty Squad: 818MB – £13.99
  • Madden NFL 25: 13.1GB – £62.99
  • Angry Birds Star Wars: 1.5GB – £32.99
  • Warframe 4.1GB – Free

So, there you have it, straight from the PlayStation Store. Some of those prices are quite steep, with the sports games at £62.99, so is it really worth attempting to go all digital this generation? Probably not, unless plastic boxes become extremely expensive to produce, driving boxed game prices higher.

Read more: # #
  1. Jas-n

Easy to pick out the EA titles…

NBA Live 14: 9.3GB vs Killzone: 38.2GB,
    NBA seems a lot less than half a game.

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 19:39.
    • Pesico
      Since: Sep 2008

It’s not really fair to compare the install size of a sports game with an asset heavy action/shooting game.

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 19:50.
      • Jas-n

I know, but the point was you get a lot more for your money.

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 19:55.
      • Alex C
        One for all.

A lot more what? GB? So?

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 23:10.
    • Mathematicool
      Since: Mar 2011

Being a bit selective aren’t you?

Could make the complete opposite comparison, e.g. Battlefield 4 vs Resogun.

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 21:33.
    • TheDeathAvenger

Just imagine if Guerrilla hadn’t compressed Killzone down from ~290GB! Bargain of the century!

Comment posted on 23/11/2013 at 10:37.
  2. dizwod

Putty squad is a bargain. Cheapest I had seenwas amazon for £22. Everywhere else is 30

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 19:41.
    • swieep

Bargain, maybe but still not buying it.. It looked promising but after checking some HD videos it looks like I do not like it.

The way you have to control the little blob I think that will annoy me after a while..

So here is hoping for a Demo.. and checking out Contrast to replace Putty..

Comment posted on 23/11/2013 at 11:11.
  3. Spence1115

Why are they again more expensive than the Xbox One versions? FIFA, Need for Speed etc are £55 on Xbox, so why £63 here?

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 19:45.
    • rossthebassist

i assume this is another part of the MS and EA special relationship, since SONY allow the publishers to set the pricing something is clearly not right and i think SONY should be having words.

Comment posted on 23/11/2013 at 00:12.
  4. DJ Judas
    Epic

And here they had the perfect chance to encourage going digital with some decent pricing.

Why oh why is it so difficult to price appropriately? I can only assume at this point it’s nothing other than a desire to have the prices that high.

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 19:48.
  5. mclarenrob2
    Since: Jul 2012

Absolute Rip Off. There’s no other way to put it.
    Why would i want to spend alot more to get a digital copy of a game, you don’t get a box,disc or ability to re-sell to make it even cheaper…

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 19:53.
    • Vallon
      Since: Sep 2013

Exactly its totally ridiculous :(

These gaming companies complain about piracy but then rip off consumers with these retarded prices! I certainly won’t pay that kind of premium for digital games, indie titles only from psn for me unless this changes.

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 19:58.
    • Moonpie
      Since: Oct 2012

if thwy want and expect us to go digital then they need to make it a lot more desireable than this

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 20:01.
    • Vallon
      Since: Sep 2013

On another note it’s not just Sony, the Nintendo e store is a massive rip off from what I’ve seen.

They all need to take stock of their business models :o

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 20:10.
      • mclarenrob2
        Since: Jul 2012

The PS3 prices are bad so I wasn’t expecting them to get cheaper for PS4.
        They have less costs when they’re selling a digital game so why does it need to be more expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 20:29.
    • RudeAwakening
      Since: Jan 2011

Yeah I feel the same way as you guys. Apparently a lot of people game share and pay these prices to have them digitally, well on the ps3 not sure if that will work on the ps4, so I cant see sony dropping the price anytime soon.

Comment posted on 23/11/2013 at 12:18.
  6. tactical20

Lmao at those prices. To be honest, I think the PS4 launch line up is piss poor, especially now loads has been delayed. I’ve basically got FIFA and AC4 coming, then that’s it until late March at least. Not even that excited about next week, as I’ll probably still be playing PS3 loads anyway.

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 19:54.
    • salvodaze
      Since: Dec 2012

Agreed, I’ll be getting the console at launch for the console’s sake and for technological curiosities. Nothing of great interest for me except for Flower and Lego Marvel so far.
      Btw, I came across your twitch stream on Turkish forums yesterday :)

Comment posted on 23/11/2013 at 07:42.
      • tactical20

Not me mate! Must be an imposter!

Comment posted on 23/11/2013 at 15:11.
      • salvodaze
        Since: Dec 2012

Weird, I remembered the name when I saw it: tactical20!

Comment posted on 27/11/2013 at 14:16.
    • hoopy91
      Since: Sep 2013

Loads been delayed? I can only think of watchdogs and that’s not ps4 or x1 fault. There are loads of games if you think this launch is piss poor what was ps3.

Fifa 14
      Ac4
      KZ
      Resogun
      Lego marvel

And then the shooters. I’m not interested in them but a lot if people seem to be.

Comment posted on 23/11/2013 at 11:40.
      • tactical20

Driveclub and The Crew too. Basically, all the interesting games that aren’t already on the PS3 too. It’s a bit lame if the highlight of the PS4 launch is a 460mb PSN game. The PS3 launch line up might have been poor too, but the difference between PS2 & PS3 was much more significant. Remember seeing Motorstorm in Fnac in Barcelona and it looking absolutely incredible in comparison. Not had that feeling with PS4 at all. Not even remotely. Also, Killzone is a FPS.

Comment posted on 23/11/2013 at 15:17.
  7. Moonpie
    Since: Oct 2012

•Resogun: 460MB – £12.79 (Free with PS+) Saw this and converted MB to GB which was followed swiftly by a mini heartattack…

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 19:55.
  8. Paranoimia

The reason these are so expensive is because too many idiots keep happily paying these prices.

According to Martijn van der Meulen, a developer at Relentless and ex-Sony, he has it on good authority that these digital versions sell extremely well.

But yes, some of these games are $60 in the US, and at current exchange rates, FIFA’s £62.99 equates to a little over $102. So we’re getting charged $40 more.

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 20:10.
    • Vallon
      Since: Sep 2013

Same with the hardware though… PS4 way cheaper with exchange rates iirc :(

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 20:12.
    • mrwriter1985
      Since: Oct 2013

I think that’s a very nasty thing to say calling people idiots.

I am going 100% digital as I don’t have room for cases and other stuff.

I also share with my friend so we go 50/50 on price so we are getting them for half that price.

I’m sick and tired of hearing people moan about prices. Boxed is cheaper so your not going to miss out are you. You have no right to judge people on how they spend THEIR money.

They worked for it, they earned it, they should be able to spend it on whatever they want without being judged or called names.

Comment posted on 23/11/2013 at 10:38.
      • hoopy91
        Since: Sep 2013

He has a point though. If people didn’t buy at these prices then Sony and ms would have to rethink. You might be lucky that you get to go 50/50 with a friend but there are people that will be paying £60+ on games like fifa and cod every year which doesn’t help. You could always invest in one if those cases for CDs you could save money by buying disc and putting them in there. I always thought the reason the prices were so high is because Sony snd ms don’t want to out price retail.

Comment posted on 23/11/2013 at 11:45.
    • RudeAwakening
      Since: Jan 2011

Woah, I got told off on previous news story the other day on the xbox one digital prices for saying you would want to be braindead to shell out that money for digital. Watch out for the pitchforks mate some people take these comments to heart. :p

Comment posted on 23/11/2013 at 12:23.
  9. TSBonyman

Apart from the smaller titles the prices do nothing to entice me to switch to digital downloads of AAA titles. I can trade my discs in and get something back so digital versions would have to be priced way below retail in order to be a viable option for me. Not that i don’t buy digitally – I bought 200 downloadable games on PS3 but none of them were over 20 euro and it will be the same for me on PS4.
    If i wasn’t getting them on plus i would be quite happy with the prices for Resogun and Contrast.

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 20:14.
  10. matthangzhou
    Since: Sep 2010

So glad I’m not in a country that relies on digital downloads. Such a stupid price. Another generation without digital for me with the odd exception.

Comment posted on 22/11/2013 at 20:24.