A rumour that originated on Reddit, when the above image was posted, seems to have pegged a UK release date for Driveclub for February 28th. However, the lack of a link to the original retailer makes this for me, a bit suspicious. However, it is the Friday after the Japanese launch where the game is rumoured to be a launch title, and also around the time the March PS Plus update would happen.
So I decided to see what different retailers have the release date set as:
- Amazon – There is currently no reference to a release date.
- GAME - No confirmed release date here either.
- Shopto – Do have the listing as February 28th
- Zavvi – Don’t like those odds of an early release going for June 1st 2014 (maybe they’ll send a PS4 too).
- ASDA – They’ve gone for April 1st though they may just try to be fooling everyone.
- Tesco – They’ve got the latest date with July 31st.
Though February 28th seems like the most logical option I think the lesson here is to wait until an official announcement, instead of a retailer’s placeholder, though that was a fun little exercise on this cold night. Source: Reddit