Mercenary Kings May Be The Plus Offering For PS4 In April

Guns for hire.

PlayStation Asia has updated its blog to include the offerings for  Plus in that region, and has listed Mercenary Kings as the next game to be available for the PS4. Due to how young the PS4 is and how comparatively to Vita and PS3 the library is this could also mean that Mercenary Kings will be coming to Plus for both Europe and North America. Up to this point the PS4 Plus offering for across regions has been the same.

The PS Vita and PS3 games for Europe and North America are likely to be different to what will be released in Asia, as the different territories generally offer different games each month. Of course we won’t know for sure that Mercenary Kings will be on Plus until the European and North American blogs go live with their offerings, but it’s more likely than not to be the case. The Plus update post now goes live a week before the update so expect the news tomorrow.

Source: PS Blog Asia via PSNStores

1. yiddo
    Since: Jun 2010

Inb4 people imply that PS4 PS+ games should all be AAA, hyper realistic masterpieces with an immense, oscar worthy story, amazing soundtrack and sublime lifelike visuals.

Oh shit, too late.

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 01:54.
    • BrendanCalls
      Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc - YOHIMBÉ!!!

I don’t think anyone in this thread has implied that, but what is being said outright is that the offerings so far for PS4 as a complete collection are well below the standard set for PS3/Vita or even the standard that was promised (DriveClub???). On an individual basis many of the games are very good but over 7 months now the offering of one indie game after another gets a bit grating.

I am aware of all the possible arguments about why we haven’t had anything of any real significance yet, the relative age of the console being the main one, and I completely buy into that, its fair argument but it doesn’t negate the fact that PS+ was promised with a AAA in the 1st month and 7 months later I have 7 indie games

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 08:27.
      • yiddo
        Since: Jun 2010

That AAA game they promised you – which wasn’t even the full game – is still coming, whenever Driveclub comes out.

The point is, people are still moaning at free games and it’s sad to see in my opinion. I mean, the age of the console is the biggest factor and it’s one people need to take into account. You can’t expect big hitters straight away. The PS4 isn’t even half a year old.

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 15:30.
      • BrendanCalls
        Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc - YOHIMBÉ!!!

I agree in some aspects. It does reek a bit of an overly expectant sense of entitlement but I think that’s part of whats been bred by Sony with the huge offer on PS3 & Vita.
        That coupled with the fact that basically for most PS4 owners PS+ is a must, coz let’s face it Online is a huge part if most games now, means they really have to start upping the offer for the early adopters.
        I just can’t help feeling pretty miffed that something of real note hasn’t been offered yet.

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 21:07.
      • yiddo
        Since: Jun 2010

Well, that’s when it comes down to personal taste and opinion. I have been satisfied by many of the games offered so far. Resogun, Don’t Starve and Outlast in particular.

I’m sure the subscription has already pretty much paid for itself, or it’s at least close to doing so. I can wait for the meatier and bigger offerings, which will most certainly come.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 02:14.
  2. Lieutenant Fatman
    Since: Jul 2013

I’m really looking forward to this one, guess you can’t please everyone. I think perhaps people have been spoilt by what they’ve been given on PS3. PS4 is still young, it will take a little longer for the bigger games to arrive.

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 07:56.
  3. double-o-dave
    Since: Nov 2008

Really??? I don’t wanna sound like a miserable git but I didn’t buy a powerful PS4 console to play crap like this. I’m not expecting AAA titles but seriously, why is this even on a PS4? Games used to be like this over 20 years ago because of a reason… limitations.

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 10:34.
  4. Broonba
    Since: Mar 2009

Sounds like I’m in the minority but this doesn’t look too bad….it’s not exactly AAA standard but seeing as how the PS4 is only months old it’s to be expected.
    Slightly off topic but any news as to when Starbound is coming to PS4?

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 15:45.