PlayStation Store Update: 26/03/14 - Fez, Deception IV & Burial At Sea

Fezzes are cool.

Though it may now never see a follow up, Fez was one of the biggest indie releases of 2012 and one that was noticeably missing from the PlayStation catalogue. That’s now changed, as it arrives today as a triple-platform Cross-Buy and Cross-Save release on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita for £7.99/€9.99. There’s an additional 20% discount for PS+ owners, and demos available if you’re uncertain.

That’s your lot if you’re a PS4 owner, in a noticeable come down from last week, but there are goodies to be had elsewhere. The headline act on PS3 is Irrational Games’ swan song, with the release of BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 2 that will see you step into the shoes of Elizabeth for the first time for another adventure in Rapture. It’s £11.99/€14.99, in line with the first episode, but you’ll be better off getting it via the season pass alongside the first half of the story for a few quid more. The main game is still free on PS+.

Sticking with DLC, and football fans with a penchant for PES can get their World Challenge on, in a thinly veiled World Cup inspired add-on for £7.99. It features the Brazilian kit and a tournament structure that includes not just the final knockout rounds, but the qualification stages too.

There’s also the release of CHAOS CODE for £7.99/€9.99 and TRINITY: Suls Of Zill O’ll at £15.99/€19.99. I’ll be honest and say I have no idea what either of those games is about, let alone why they’d be shouting!

In terms of retail releases, which will hit the store on Friday for us in the UK, the PS3 and PS Vita will both see the release of Deception IV: Blood Ties at £34.99/€39.99 on either platform, for those who love crazy Japanese games that I can’t get my head around, and MXGP, for Motocross fans. MXGP is set for £49.99/€59.99 on PS3 or £34.99/€39.99 on Vita.

Invizimals: The Alliance hits the PS Vita today for £19.99/€24.99. Curiously, it’s hitting retail shelves alongside Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom, but that PS3 title was already released digitally back in January.

Rounding things off, the Vita will also see the release of the free to play Destiny of Spirits, which is described as a location based social strategy RPG.

As usual, we’re preempting the update itself, so I’ll be back later to add more details, links, prices and games once the PS Blog posts the full list.

Update: Added a few games here and the odd price there. All links added that I can.

Via PSN Store, EU PS Blog

1. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

Just BioShock DLC for me!

Oh, and I (perhaps stupidly) purchased the Captain Price DLC for Ghosts which oddly was available last night before the Store update.

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 14:07.
  2. TSBonyman

I don’t know when i’ll have time to play it but i’ll probably pick up Fez.

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 14:44.
  3. X1BALBAABLAB1X
    Since: Jun 2013

Wish the store would hurry up and update so I can grab Fez. I’m not even sure why I’m so interested in it, but I am.

Has there been any word on next months Plus content?

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 14:51.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

Me too, looks amazing!! If you want to justify your excitement check out a documentary called Indie Game: The Movie. Fez, Super Meat Boy and Braid feature prominently, it’s really interesting :)

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 15:22.
      • McProley
        Since: Aug 2011

I watched that a while back and it was a good watch. The guy who made Fez is the main reason why I won’t be picking it up, he was a massive bell-nosh!

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 15:48.
      • ron_mcphatty
        Since: Sep 2008

Hah, he did go that way, I felt a bit of sympathy for him until near the end though he seemed to be getting totally screwed. His rage was a bit scary though!

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 16:09.
      • X1BALBAABLAB1X
        Since: Jun 2013

I had seen that, but can’t really recall the footage shown. Was good though (movie/doc).
        I also watched the Donkey Kong highscore thing around the same time. That, was pretty good, too.

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 16:44.
  4. lambchop
    Since: Aug 2013

I`ll certainly try Fez with it’s triple cross buy goodness…..

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 15:36.
    • Broonba
      Since: Mar 2009

Aye. I might just grab Fez too.

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 15:51.
  5. McProley
    Since: Aug 2011

I’m kinda interested in that Destiny of Spirits but as its location based it probably uses Near, in which case it can do one. Beside, i think i’ve had my fill with RPG’s at the mo. Just finishing of Memories of Celceta and then onto FFX & X-2
    Think I’ll check out Chaos Code and Trinity though and see what they are all about

Comment posted on 26/03/2014 at 15:51.
  6. scavenga

I’m feeling slightly apprehensive about the lack of control Sony seem to have over the Store these days…
    It’s ten o’clock thursday morning in Norway, and the front end of the store is still not updated – just like last week. Some new things are available through searching, but a lot of prices are wrong, the sales aren’t updated etc. etc.

Tomb Raider Underworld has been listed in the Great Value Games sale since March 5th, but it’s still impossible to purchase due to a weird error.

And there’s no info or any updates on the blog about these issues and delays.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 09:01.