According to JustPushStart, a select few members of the hardcore Warhawk community were recently called upon to sample what we’ve been calling Starhawk but which currently goes by the name of Warhawk 2.
Yep, it’s real.
Apparently nobody was allowed to take cameras into the event, but by the magic of human memory (and, presumably, a few torn up NDAs), a few details have emerged since. Namely:
- There’ll be a story mode
- Will feature co-op support
- Will support 32 players online
- Multiplayer will feature 25 maps
- The game will contain military vehicles (tanks, motorcycles, aircraft)
- Bunkers can be built for yourself, but are able to be destroyed by the enemy
- Improvements have been implemented for the combat system and camera angles
- The graphics have received a boost as well
Rumours are rumbling that the game will be released as part of Sony’s 2012 exclusive line-up.
We asked Sony for comment (and a copy of the demo) but got the usual “We do not comment on rumour or speculation” line, as expected.